Opening e-mail attachments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenmerc

Car
'84'380SE,'85'380SE,'86'300TE
I have Windows Vista,when i get an attachment document i cant view it,i'm asked if i want to open it or save it.If i select open it starts to transfer the file but then just comes back to the same box DO YOU WANT TO OPEN OR SAVE,
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
so if i save it i get the same box again

When i click save all it does is start transfer files then 2 seconds comes back to the OPEN OR SAVE box again.
All the attachments that are application/msword I cant open,but the one at the bottom application/rtf I can get into,any help to anyone?

ONLINE BOOKING FORM.doc application/msword

Display T&C's.doc application/msword

Display Information.doc application/msword

Static Displays Booking Form.rtf application/rtf

not a good solution, but maybe if you forward it to another email account you might be able to open it

I am guessing you are using Outlook, have you tried via a web based E mail account?

I have Windows Vista,when i get an attachment document i cant view it,i'm asked if i want to open it or save it.If i select open it starts to transfer the file but then just comes back to the same box DO YOU WANT TO OPEN OR SAVE,
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
so if i save it i get the same box again

Might be something to do with Administration rights .

Have a look at Vista help guide and check Admin rights stuff

Assuming you are using MS Mail (the default email package that comes with Vista) there are two possible reasons.

1) In MS Mail under OPTIONS/TOOLS/SECURITY and under Virus Protection, the box prohibiting attachments is ticked.

2) (and this is the really annoying one) The sender is using Outlook (another M$ program that comes with M$ Office) and is sending the email using "RTF" format (Outlook has three different options for sending mail , plain text, HTML and RTF). Believe it or not email attachments sent by M$ Outlook in RTF format are not compatible with M$ Mail in M$ Vista and won't open :crazy: .

Solution either ask the sender to resend in plain text format or use a different email program to open them.

Ahh technology ....

GOT IT WORKING
smiley4.gif
smiley4.gif
had to download Open Office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom