Opening sunroof & auto close

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tromppost

Car
w220 s320 2000
Hi All,

When I open the sunroof using the one touch function it only opens about 2'' (it should open more than this?), on the second push it opens all the way and closes in one as it should. I looked in the hand book but could not find any ref to reset this.
Also my key will not open all windows and roof and close roof and windows if that makes sense!
(w220 S320 2001)

Regards Tony.

I believe Tony that you have to set it, that is to turn the key to 2, open the roof and hold the button for 10 sec, then the same for closing.

This also applies to the windows

HI looked in the hand book but could not find any ref to reset this.

You didn't look close enough :D.

Television is right, you can reset the roof and the windows as he says. Open the roof, then keep the button down for a few seconds. Close it again and do the same. Repeat for the tilt opening.

Same principle for the windows.

Once reset, they should open/close in one go if you press the buttons beyond the pressure point.

You didn't look close enough :D.

Television is right, you can reset the roof and the windows as he says. Open the roof, then keep the button down for a few seconds. Close it again and do the same. Repeat for the tilt opening.

Same principle for the windows.

Once reset, they should open/close in one go if you press the buttons beyond the pressure point.

Thanks, I meant that with the key I can not close (summer opening on Audi's) or open all the windows with the key when locking or unlocking. I should quickly go and look at the hand before I ask for help?
Regards Tony.

Thanks, I meant that with the key I can not close (summer opening on Audi's) or open all the windows with the key when locking or unlocking.

So, how are you trying to do it? Unlock the car by pressing the open button on the key. Then point the key to the infrared receiver in the door handle and press and hold the open button. The roof and windows will now open.

Use the close button in the same way for the reverse operation.

So, how are you trying to do it? Unlock the car by pressing the open button on the key. Then point the key to the infrared receiver in the door handle and press and hold the open button. The roof and windows will now open.

Use the close button in the same way for the reverse operation.

Yes, that's what I what it to do but I think that I need to set it to do that by holding done the open and close buttons in some sort of order..

Yes, that's what I what it to do but I think that I need to set it to do that by holding done the open and close buttons in some sort of order..

Not on my V220 :D.

I'd reset them first. Then test. Are you sure you're pointing to the receivers? Try standing a bit closer to the door handle and also try the other side's door to make sure the infrared receiver is not faulty.

Not on my V220 :D.

I'd reset them first. Then test. Are you sure you're pointing to the receivers? Try standing a bit closer to the door handle and also try the other side's door to make sure the infrared receiver is not faulty.

Tomorrow I will try reseting roof and windows as you and Television said. May be no summer opening and close.
Regards Tony.

Hi All,

When I open the sunroof using the one touch function it only opens about 2'' (it should open more than this?), on the second push it opens all the way and closes in one as it should. I looked in the hand book but could not find any ref to reset this.
Also my key will not open all windows and roof and close roof and windows if that makes sense!
(w220 S320 2001)

Regards Tony.

Hi

The second para. sounds similar to my experience with w203 coupe pano roof. Last weekend I tried the summer opening function only to find that the operation was unpredictable and intermittant, with the windows partly opening and the roof stopping in random positions, despite the key being held steadily next to the detector in the external driver's door handle. Reading through the relevant part of the handbook there and then, I tried a reset cycle of both the pano roof and blinds and the driver's and passengers' doors. It made no difference. Operation is the same with the spare key.
How useful "summer opening" is I don't know, but I may as well have it fixed under warranty.

Rich

The sunroof definitely needs a re-set. My C270 had one and it often needed a re-set - not sure why?

It's a standard feature on the W220.

Were in Berkshire are you? I can come and demonstrate at some point ;).

I just spent 20 mins trying to reset roof, tried all combinations holding it down for 10 sec and so on, Then it dawned on me that I need to CLOSE the door when doing this. 2 sec job all done. And you are right that the summer open and close is an option on mine that I do not have. Thanks for all your help.
p.s Have you had the recall done to the rubbers at the bottom of your doors?

Regards Tony.

And you are right that the summer open and close is an option on mine that I do not have.

:confused: I'm pretty sure comfort opening is not an option, but standard on every W220 - and that is what I said.

p.s Have you had the recall done to the rubbers at the bottom of your doors?

No idea :crazy:. But I have no problems in that area :).

:confused: I'm pretty sure comfort opening is not an option, but standard on every W220 - and that is what I said.

No idea :crazy:. But I have no problems in that area :).

on page 46 of my owners manual it give the impression the summer open works together with ventilation seat, I do not these maybe this is why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom