Opinions appreciated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erfan

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E220 CDI Avantgarde '08
Currently have a set of 11 hole Algenib alloys on the car - pretty good condition and certainly no problems to keep on the car. I also have what the previous owner said were the original alloys for the car (10 hole) as per link provided that have been refurbished and are mint conditionwise.

Mercedes E Class Saloon W210 alloys | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

Car is a W210 Fern White E300TD Elegance 1999 Saloon

What one do you think would look better?

Also were the Algenib 11 hole common on other spec. levels (Avantgard etc..)

Any info / opinions appreciated. I plan to get rid of one of the sets in a few months when the tyres will need changing.

Last edited:
I prefer the Algenibs out of that choice!

Thanks for your opinion.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the algenibs were standard on avant-garde models and the 10 hole standard for elegance?

10 hole is for E300 Elegance, 11 hole for facelifted cars.

Avantgarde should be 5 hole Merak wheels.

Thankyou for clarification, this has helped in my decision.
Come the time I intend to put the 10 spoke wheels on. Just waiting for when my tyres need replacing which should be in a couple of months. Seeing as the wheels are off the car I was going to wax them before having tyres fitted.

Is it ok to wax all areas or should I leave the lip/ any other area in case it causes the tyre to slip a bit?

They use tyre soap when fitting, so I can't see wax causing slippage...unless it's a dragster.

That's good to know - thankyou.

PS Sorry to cross thread but the covering of the front radiator grill does seem to make the car smoother at motorway speeds and when wet you can see the water fly off the bonnet more than when no blank was fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom