Opinions on a 2012 E350 please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Mirror Man

Car
W211 E270 CDI Elegance.Rover 75 Tourer
Took a quick look at a 2012 E350 today. Only 2 owners, FMBSH and 30,150 miles from new. It looks like a really lively car. It's on at £15,499 which seems a little toppy. It has some nice extras though.

Your thoughts please, on both the car in general and the price.

Thank you in advance.

Lovely colour combination and interior. It's got the 265 engine as well which is a stormer. What I don't understand is how it's fitted with a 'proper' gear lever instead of the stupid column stick all the rest of that E model range seem to have

You’re right Druk I have never seen an eclass of that generation with that gear shift.

Swift answer from Merc technician I emailed.

"Although it is an e class coupe it is based on the 204 floor pan so that is why the pre facelift 207 had a normal gearstick rather than the column shift"

Lovely colour combination and interior. It's got the 265 engine as well which is a stormer. What I don't understand is how it's fitted with a 'proper' gear lever instead of the stupid column stick all the rest of that E model range seem to have

I have to say I really like the column stick as I’m always putting stuff in the centre and the gear lever gets in the way. I really like the way you just press the end and you’re in Park. That’s why I didn’t go for for the 250 as the early models have the normal stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a quick look at a 2012 E350 today. Only 2 owners, FMBSH and 30,150 miles from new. It looks like a really lively car. It's on at £15,499 which seems a little toppy. It has some nice extras though.

Your thoughts please, on both the car in general and the price.

Thank you in advance.

I personally wouldn’t go for that car in financial terms. My mate had an E250 coupe sport and lost a fortune on it. He didn’t do that many miles and gave it back to Merc with a couple of grand to cover the shortfall! Looks a great car but it all depends if money is not priority. I would buy for about 10-12k with 60-80k miles. I just bought a mint condition E350CDi 265 Sport Estate for 10k with all the toys and 117k motorway miles. I’ll take it to about 180k and probably still get 6-7k for it.
My last Merc has 214k miles and still drives spot on.

I have a 107 SL and the indicator stick is on the right. Can you imagine the kerfuffle I get myself in jumping back and fwd between the two cars. My 212 now has this...

Sorry about the dust :D

IMG_0791.JPG

I personally wouldn’t go for that car in financial terms. My mate had an E250 coupe sport and lost a fortune on it. He didn’t do that many miles and gave it back to Merc with a couple of grand to cover the shortfall! Looks a great car but it all depends if money is not priority. I would buy for about 10-12k with 60-80k miles. I just bought a mint condition E350CDi 265 Sport Estate for 10k with all the toys and 117k motorway miles. I’ll take it to about 180k and probably still get 6-7k for it.
My last Merc has 214k miles and still drives spot on.

Like this one
I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

Find used cars for sale on Auto Trader UK

I have a 107 SL and the indicator stick is on the right. Can you imagine the kerfuffle I get myself in jumping back and fwd between the two cars. My 212 now has this...

Sorry about the dust :D

View attachment 73070

You moved the gear selector???? Really????

Love the colour, the interior, the options. The only thing stopping that being my perfect E350 is it's two doors light for me.

We've got an S212 of similar age and the engine is really lovely. I quite like the gear selector on the steering column. Much quicker to switch between forward & reverse. You have to decide if the car is the spec you want or whether it's there's anything missing that you'd like?
Personally I'd be looking for Comand online and reversing camera and I'd get the walnut wrapped.
Make sure it has had the expensive year 4 service done (air filters etc.) and the gearbox oil and filter done at 5 years.
How about this one?
Used Mercedes-Benz E-Class | Marshall Mercedes-Benz

I have to say I really like the column stick as I’m always putting stuff in the centre and the gear lever gets in the way. I really like the way you just press the end and you’re in Park. That’s why I didn’t go for for the 250 as the early models have the normal stick.

I love it too. Makes the centre console seem really spacious and it means that I can control all the COMAND stuff with the toggle wheel thing rather than using a mass of buttons on the dash. I particularly like that aspect. Plus the (two) cup holders end up in a much better position than the single one behind the gear selector in my previous 211.

I do occasionally try to select gear with the indicator stalk in my wife's Clio when I first jump in it though.

Yes, it's a bit of an odd ball. An E class on a 204 C class platform. Certainly lively, but maybe not with the sophistication expected of an E.
Does seem a little pricey, but it is worth what somebody is prepared to pay!

We've got an S212 of similar age and the engine is really lovely. I quite like the gear selector on the steering column. Much quicker to switch between forward & reverse. You have to decide if the car is the spec you want or whether it's there's anything missing that you'd like?
Personally I'd be looking for Comand online and reversing camera and I'd get the walnut wrapped.
Make sure it has had the expensive year 4 service done (air filters etc.) and the gearbox oil and filter done at 5 years.
How about this one?
Used Mercedes-Benz E-Class | Marshall Mercedes-Benz
I will be a nice car when they put the top colour on it: looks like primer to me. Sorry. I dont like black interiors either: personal choice.

I've had mine (with a much nicer black interior ;)) for about six months and I'm well happy with it. Would buy again.

Not sure if the SE has Zenons/adaptive headlights? It would put me off that car if it hasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom