Opinions on MB or slum it with a VW!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if you are thinking golf r, you ought to be adding the A35 as its closest competitor. coupled with better tech and interior and slightly better dynamic ability, the A35 is compelling. You could also get one with the aero pack lol

Note though the golf r apparently has a slightly better ride quality on bumpy roads but the a35 chassis is marginally better from a handling perspective. Also worth noting there will be loads more Rs than 35s on the second hand market

But where do you draw a line? I'd want a A45s if I was going to spend silly money.

The R is the Golfs top performer the A35 is the cant quite afford the A45.

But where do you draw a line? I'd want a A45s if I was going to spend silly money.

The R is the Golfs top performer the A35 is the cant quite afford the A45.
Actually Mr Right could be right. I’m a total Vee Dub guy. But, the A35 does make a compelling argument for itself here. I actually forgot about it. Now, I think I would actually pick it above the Golf R if the price was right. In terms of not being able to afford the A45, I think only people with a few screws loose would buy it at that price ... it’s not a £60k car in the slightest by the time you spec it.
Go drive an A35 before you plunge for the R.

I sat in one at Brooklands last weekend, and was pleasantly surprised. The cabin is considerably roomier than the previous generation A-class, and I found the seating position better than my Cupra, but I'm not sure if it's enough to offset the extra money.

Im converted to the R.. my aunt has a 19 petrol A200. As nice as the infotainment was and lay out. I'm still getting my head around downsizing cars from a S class to A class 35.. I think they are quite pricey to.

I have lost faith in the MB dealer network after making enquiries regarding test drives with a view to purchase and not even a phone call back.. VW have been very accommodating. I've always found MB dealers, well the majority up them selves.

Why? They are just selling cars. Not saving the world.

VW have been very accommodating.

Luck of the draw. IME you either get ignored completely, or they can't (be bothered to) help you at the VW dealerships around here.

Never return calls to inquiries.
Sitting me in the base model 5dr is really useful when I'm interested in a 3dr GTI.
Couldn't/wouldn't organise the correct model/spec for me to look at properly, and you'd think I'd just groped their daughter when I asked about a test drive.

Obviously they've been reading the same sales manuals as your MB dealers!

In fairness MB Chelmsford did call back but we couldn't do a deal.. not with their figures.. possibly if I stuck a bit on finance but I dont work that way.. well not for a car.

VW Chelmsford actually were almost stalker like. One extreme to the other and caved on my price with a few extras thrown in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom