Opinions on MicroFuzion speed camera detector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

after buying a Snooper radar detector and getting annoyed from the constant false-alarms, i have decided on a GPS speed camera detector.

I dont want to spend much, so i have seen the MicroFuzion device:

microfuzion_awards.jpg

My question is does anyone have any experience or knowlege of this device? How good is it? how bad is it? It does sounds good with voice alerts etc all for £100.

Seems a lot better than the £80 InfoRad.....

:confused:

I have never heard of this make and considering how much one depends on this kind of device when you have one, I wouldnt take the risk. Plus how good is the GPS map of cameras.

The spec's seem pretty good. Its cheap, and most importantly the GPS updates are FREE for life (ie no subscription).

Interesting.

i've actually already ordered one, so will give a review of it when i get it.

apparently SpeedSafe.co.uk has had HUGE demand for this and due to the amount of orders and stock wont be delivering mine until tuesday (thats 1 week since I ordered it!)

hopefully it will be good; sounds good anyway.

my main concern is, as someone mentioned above, how good/update is the database of camera sites and as the company making it seems small/unknown, will they be in business in a years time to make updates.. :confused:

V. interested myself - if for nothing more than the max speed function :devil:

how are they making money on this if the updates are free for life? wonder if the database would be user updateable without having to download it.

hi

recieved this yesterday and gave it a go on the way to work thismorning.

It has quite a few different options. It shows actual GPS speed (that seems to sync with my speedo ok!), GPS clock. it shows other stuff but didnt look at that yet. it also allows you to add your own "user defined sites" - just press the button and it will store it and warn u when you approach next time.

only a few red-light cameras on my way to work, but it picked up them all apart from 1 (which worried me a bit as i have seen this one flash so know it is working etc and has been there for over 5 years) and said in English the correct speed limit on force on the road, it also tells you when you are clear of the camera and counts down the distance once u reach 300 yards of it.

I updated it from the website last night and the database was 1 and a half months old, so hopefully a new update will come out soon. i have no idea how frequent these are yet...

Obviously my trip to work isnt going to test the unit properly, but in 3 weeks time I shall be driving from Scotland to Essex so that should give it a really good test and i shall report my finds.

any questions just shout, but it looks good so far, and seems to be worth the £99 price. :)

i bought it from SpeedSafe and I think they have a limited stock at the moment....

Silversaloon, can you add in your own camera locations to the database or is it locked?

mickl said:
Silversaloon, can you add in your own camera locations to the database or is it locked?

as you are driving along u can press a button to add your own yes. it will then say "user site ahead, 100 yards" when you approach in future.

When you update the database it allows you to either keep your own locations or delete them, so when you update you wont loose them either.

Just a quick update as I have now drove 1,500 miles up and down the country with the MicroFuzion.

It seems pretty good... it detected all GATSO camera i encountered, only cameras it didnt have was an average speed camera site on a stretch of the M6... although it did detect another average speed site.

The only minor gripe I have with it is that it did worn of a few cameras when they were not there or no longer there. Although out of all the miles i did there was only about 6 instances of this. I think if you are on the motorway going over a bridge it detects cameras below (as it doesnt know what road you are on, just whetehr a camera is ahead of you, even if you are on a road above/below it). this meant that once or twice it said "30 mph limit ahead" when you were doing 70 on the motorway..... :rolleyes:

all in all well worth the money and i recommend one to anyone.

How frequently does it check your speed? Just trying to work out how accurately it would monitor top speed runs @ or around the 200mph mark.

Sp!ke said:
How frequently does it check your speed? Just trying to work out how accurately it would monitor top speed runs @ or around the 200mph mark.

the speed is updated about every second..... about the same as the digital readout of speed on your Merc's info display..... Seems accurate too.

Not sure how fast the top speed goes up to - although i can confirm it goes over 100 :eek: , but funnily enough i didnt test it at 200mph ;)

the top speed you reached since the unit was switched on can then viewed once you have stopped the car.

SilverSaloon said:
the top speed you reached since the unit was switched on can then viewed once you have stopped the car.

:D Your using it to avoid prosecution, how would you feel if the prosecution used it to prosecute you? ;) :) Or is that not cricket? :)

Sorry about that,
John

glojo said:
:D Your using it to avoid prosecution, how would you feel if the prosecution used it to prosecute you? ;) :) Or is that not cricket? :)
Plead Nurburgring!

:D :D Perverting the course of justice rules okay.

I accept there is no way you would be doing any such thing.

John the stirrer

Hi,
I'm considering one of these, do you know how often they update the database and are there any known problems?
The earlier message from SilverSaloon said the database was 6-weeks old when updated in the middle of September - has it been updated now (end October)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom