Opinions on powder painting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chelle

Car
C250 CDI Coupe AMG Sport, C220 CDI AMG Sport
Hi Everyone

Just wanted your opinions on powder painting alloys.

Thanks

I've used City Powder Coating in Birmingham before (twice). A decent job, and at only £20 per wheel (including full refurb), you can't go wrong.

After 1 year of use including a miserable winter, the wheels still looked like new.

20 is very good price. It's about 50 per wheel in london iirc. Powder coating is the way to go - very durable finish.

Note:-

1. you have to leave the wheels there for a few days (not the car..no facilities)
2. don't expect a glossy showroom
3. the finish is not completely free of imperfections. If you want perfect, go to lepsons. But for £20 you really can't moan.
4. £20 is std silver finish. Other availiable too.

I'll shortly be taking my 968 to Rimtec in Meopham - not far from Lepsons in Gillingham but considerably cheaper. A member on here has used them before and was happy with the service and finish. Again it's leave the car with them for 3-4 days (they only charge £20 for this, Lepsons charge £48!), they chemical strip, bead blast, repair if necessary, powder coat and bake, paint then lacquer, refit tyres and balance - all for £210 including VAT for up to 18" wheels!

Website is Rimtec Quality Wheel Refurbishment

I've used City Powder Coating in Birmingham before (twice). A decent job, and at only £20 per wheel (including full refurb), you can't go wrong.

After 1 year of use including a miserable winter, the wheels still looked like new.

Ditto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom