Opinions on the Lexus IS300H?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't need a dealer to service and maintain my car.

That really depends on the age of the car and how it was supplied.

That really depends on the age of the car and how it was supplied.

Well no - it really just depends on how it was supplied. If there is any requirement related to lease/financing.

Well no - it really just depends on how it was supplied. If there is any requirement related to lease/financing.
Well, yeah.

My current car was sold with 5 years servicing included.

Should I use an Indy?

My current car was sold with 5 years servicing included.

Should I use an Indy?

Well if you chose to include the servicing then presumably you chose not to use an indy.

If you didn't choose and it was included (and not optional) then you still have a choice - it makes sense not to exercise that choice.

My RC300h will easily do 45mpg around town and urban driving. Take it on the motorway or long cross-country trips and it will drop to low to mid 30's. Lexus hybrids are town/urban focused, once on the open road they are simply 2.5ltr petrols
That’s quite a lot better than I got, do you check it brim-to-brim, rather than just the dash readout? Mine was very mixed driving, visiting clients often in Greater London, but similarly some over an hour away, and I had enjoyed much higher mpg in my C220, same driving pattern.

And is your experience when in pure EV different to mine? Tbh, the EV range was really the most disappointing thing in my time with the car. I seemed to be always getting ‘EV not available’ on the dash.

But as I said, I wouldn’t mind another....

That’s quite a lot better than I got, do you check it brim-to-brim, rather than just the dash readout? Mine was very mixed driving, visiting clients often in Greater London, but similarly some over an hour away, and I had enjoyed much higher mpg in my C220, same driving pattern.

And is your experience when in pure EV different to mine? Tbh, the EV range was really the most disappointing thing in my time with the car. I seemed to be always getting ‘EV not available’ on the dash.

But as I said, I wouldn’t mind another....
Brim to brim is a couple of mpg lower. This RC is significantly more frugal than my previous, pre-facelift, one and very much in line with the declared mpg. The pre-facelift version was nowhere close to the advertised mpg...
The maximum I get on EV is approx 3 miles, in summer and at operating temp. This generation of hybrid was only ever a glorified extended stop-start system. The new generation hybrids (as in the UX and ES) run much longer and at higher speeds.
I personally love the e-CVT transmission. Always the correct gear and in Sport mode, playstation quick response to the paddle shifters.
Build quality and interior is way better than MB, my opinion obviously but no one can match Lexus reliability. Yes, servicing and parts are very expensive but at least one can budget with confidence!

Brim to brim is a couple of mpg lower. This RC is significantly more frugal than my previous, pre-facelift, one and very much in line with the declared mpg. The pre-facelift version was nowhere close to the advertised mpg...
The maximum I get on EV is approx 3 miles, in summer and at operating temp. This generation of hybrid was only ever a glorified extended stop-start system. The new generation hybrids (as in the UX and ES) run much longer and at higher speeds.
I personally love the e-CVT transmission. Always the correct gear and in Sport mode, playstation quick response to the paddle shifters.
Build quality and interior is way better than MB, my opinion obviously but no one can match Lexus reliability. Yes, servicing and parts are very expensive but at least one can budget with confidence!
Thanks, like you, I enjoyed the flappy paddles, even if just to relieve the boredom of (as you said) the excellent ”gear” box.

re mpg, I think derektrotter is not looking at any newer than my ‘15 reg.....

Malcolm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom