Opinions on this phone deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice, can only find it for £30 p/m with that deal though...

+ Why on why are they only 24month contracts?!

Im on 18months

iv been with Vodafone for 17years and decided to go to O2, called Vodafone as i needed to port my number and end up with this deal :)
If your with Vodafone and want a cracking deal, JUST MENTION O2!!

The only thing that annoys me is why is does not have a standard mini usb charger / data cable. Instead it has a stupid micro mini data lead thing and a tiny charger which I think is annoying..

Ditto. Extremely annoying.

This popped up today:
Deal Summary
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Email
Unlimited 3-to-3 minutes
200 minutes (anytime, any network)
£18 a month, with the E63

May be worth mentioning this deal with an "upgraded" phone ;)

M.

Do 3 have many roaming partners?

Mrs E doesn't have any problems roaming with her 3 phone.

However, a word of warning...

She negotiated a great deal when upgrading her phone to an N97. It didn't arrive when it should have done, so she chased and another was sent out. When she got her first bill, it wasn't the deal that was negotiated. 3 told her that she has cancelled the order, and when she called to chase the phone she was re-ordering. They are now refusing to honor the original deal and say that when they review the call, the deal she claims is not on the call. Good job I was playing around with some other stuff and recorded the call, so an MP3 file has now gone to them.

There are a number of companies also claiming to represent 3 with amazing deals, but they are not 3 and seem to be some scam.

This popped up today:
Deal Summary
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Email
Unlimited 3-to-3 minutes

M.

Only an E63 though :(

Just returned from CPW, they did me the orignal deal!

It appears CPW's deals run 2 weeks after the networks in order to catch people like me :D

18months aswell - only trouble is its the Sliver version - bloke in shop reckons it looks nicer.

Its getting delivered on Friday morning :D

Just returned from CPW, they did me the orignal deal!

It appears CPW's deals run 2 weeks after the networks in order to catch people like me :D

18months aswell - only trouble is its the Sliver version - bloke in shop reckons it looks nicer.

Its getting delivered on Friday morning :D

You won't be dissapointed, the E71 is a great phone. My wife has the 71 in Silver too and it's great. Sounds like you got a cracking deal, would be keen to hear how you get on with 3.

at home i've got o2 for my phone and vodafone for my mobile broadband (dont ask, hate it). now both for them have got pretty shoddy signal in my area, which doesnt really bother me on the phone as i dont use my mobile when i get home, but mobile broadband is a bit of a pain.

3, as far as i remember, used to be pretty shoddy as soon as you left the london area, this IS a few years back and i havent really thought about going to them at all but they do seem to price things competitively now. My dad's got a E71 which i'm trying to persuade him to give me as he's got an iPhone at the moment. Really want it as I was overall disappointed on the N95 8GB version.

great , glad you chose the E71 - Garmin sat nav runs great on this ;)

i just got a blindin deal with Orange, use the comparison sites to find the best deal, call the sales desk and tell them where you saw it and they will match it!

i got
w995
900 minutes
unlimited texts (i usually send 5 texts a month! lol)
500M internet
Orange maps
free home broadband!

£24.85 per month

i just got a blindin deal with Orange, use the comparison sites to find the best deal, call the sales desk and tell them where you saw it and they will match it!

i got
w995
900 minutes
unlimited texts (i usually send 5 texts a month! lol)
500M internet
Orange maps
free home broadband!

£24.85 per month

now if you could only get some signal you'd be writing that on your phone ;)

just kidding of course :ban:

This popped up today:
Deal Summary
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Email
Unlimited 3-to-3 minutes

M.

This looks a very good deal. However it's called the "Internet Texter" plan and doesn't appear to include text messages?!

I could do with a new phone. Any opinions on the E63?

Reading through the discussion, no-one seems to have mentioned Skype.

I recently moved from T-Mobile to O2 on a monthly SIM-only deal, using my existing phone. I was interested in the Nokia E71 deal on Three, including Skype, however I was put off by Skype's owner's (eBay's) dispute with the original owners of Skype about the rights to the software. I see eBay has sold Skype in the past week, so this is now not likely to be a problem - the new owners clearly have no option but to sort it out, and wouldn't have bought Skype for £1.2 billion of they weren't confident of doing a deal.

Does anyone use Skype on a Three mobile phone? Does it offer good voice quality? Any comments on the Skype call plans? Obviously, the cost of these are on top of the Three monthly bill. So much for "Free Calls Forever"!

Last edited:
I found skype voice connections to be pretty awful over 3G connections. I stopped even bothering after a very short time.

The Nokia E71 is an amazing phone to be honest.

But the Three network is terrible (for me). Poor signal, calls cannot get through, get texts late and all that.

However, i've never added new firmware/updated the handset so I think this might solve it.

Also, effectively im paying £20 a month for a Three contract 1100mins mix and match, free Skype etc.

This deal came with a Nokia 6500 however, I aquired the E71 seperatly.

With regards to SKYPE - You need a pretty strong 3G signal to get it working well, which is hardly ever for me. You also get free usage for MSN Messenger if you use that.

Just my 2cents.

This looks a very good deal. However it's called the "Internet Texter" plan and doesn't appear to include text messages?!

I could do with a new phone. Any opinions on the E63?

I'm on this plan @ £20 per month when they offered it with the E71. I get 1000 texts per month with it.

The E63 comes with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack, the camera is down from 3.2mp to 2mp and there's no on-board GPS. The body is also made of high quality plastic cf. metal, but other than that and the choice of body colour, it's similar to the E71.

I'm surprised to hear that Skype call quality is poor on 3G; in London when I'm browsing, I normally get the '3.5G' icon, and it's rougly 10% slower than a wireless connection. Good thing I'm not a huge talker.;)

How are you getting on with the awesome E71 ?

Hello

I've added Garmin sat nav on my E71, any other useful apps worth adding. Also the memory card is 2gb is that the most this phone will support.

Two things I don't like are

1) Camera is poor. Its a poor 3.2m for sure
2) Why is the charger not mini usb and at the bottom so the data cable uses same lead and it can dock neatly in a cradle.

Other than that its great. My deal with 02 is alway just less the £20 a month, Free data, 1000 text, 600 mins, free phone. Told them the three deal and they matched it. 18 month contract also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom