Opinions on this tyre.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB-BTurbo

Car
B200 Turbo
Is this ok? I have been told that it is superficial but just wanted to check with anyone who knows more than I do. Thanks.

I'd be inclined to agree, but I'd also be inclined not to place any weight on safety-related advice from strangers off of the internet who cannot even examine the tyre physically...

Fair enough. Im pretty happy that this is ok. The seller has offered an excellent description and been pretty thorough. Im just after confirmation from anyone who knows more than I do.

That looks to be on the bit of the tyre seals on the rim from what I can see.

I would walk away.

Why have a tyre that's clearly damaged? Does not compute.

Because the cost of 2 new ones is nearly £400. Used ones with 6mm tread are around £70. I gave up spending £200 a tyre when I got punctures in them after little use. I have bought several used tyres before with cosmetic damage that have been fine. I was checking to confirm whether this was cosmetic or more serious.

Well, in fairness to everyone here we are looking at one photo and being prudent the correct answer to give you to your question is not to use it. What's the tyre size anyway?

I think I would walk away. You may find that tyre fitters will refuse to fit it. Why not take the photo to your local tyre depot and ask for their opinion?
As Sp!ke says, it looks like the part which seals on the rim, so you may have problems with pressure loss.

Thanks. That is the correct size and not a bad price. I prefer to keep all 4 wheels the same but that price is very good and offers reassurance.

I have just spoken to A1 tyres in Whitfield, Dover who have given me very good prices. £150 for new Contis fitted or £120 for the Toyo proxo T1 Sports fitted. Thanks to everyone one here for their advice and stopping me from making a potentially bad purchase.
Now which ones would you choose?

Contis - Mercedes standard tyre.
T1s - rated more highly in tyrereviews.com and cheaper.

I'd set a target price of a £100ea fitted and also look at Hankook, Fulda, Bridgestone, Yokohama etc, etc. I certainly wouldn't pay £150ea, Conti's or not.

Last edited:
Kwikfit wanted £250 a corner although I get 25% with 2! Funny how I went in 2 days ago and the price was £167.

Thanks Aitch55 but with the price of fitting to add on they still come to around £145 and there are very few places willing to fit tyres bought elsewhere. Its just a lot easier to spend and extra £5 and get it done there and then at a fitter.

John Jones - I felt exactly the same regarding £150 a corner. It is excessive but there is little choice if you want a good tyre. The Toyos are an option but a mentioned they are only a few ££ cheaper than Mercedes OE tyres continentals.

Take a look at the Vredestein the normally come out quite good on price, the other brand to look at are Hankook

I have had a price for Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110 in 255/35/18 flavour for £140 ea fitted will be ordering a pair on Monday.

Tony.

In the end I ordered some of these Vredesteins Centos. I price matched and got them for £108 delivered. I had the Sessantas before and was impressed. Apparently these are quieter and slightly more comfort orientated which is what my overly hard suspension needs.

In the end I ordered some of these Vredesteins Centos. I price matched and got them for £108 delivered. I had the Sessantas before and was impressed. Apparently these are quieter and slightly more comfort orientated which is what my overly hard suspension needs.

Now you're firing on all four cylinders. A very good price for a well respected brand. :thumb:

Thanks, and thanks again to all who advised and deterred me from buying a potentially very dodgy tyre. Although the MO Contisports were only £20 more I decided that the Vredy would actually be a better purchase regardless of cost, so it is a plus that they are cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom