Opinions please on this S Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterE320Cdi

Car
C219 CLS 320 CDi, R170 SLK 230K, XC60 Past Cars: S210 E320 CDi rusty, CLK 240, S210 E300 DT
5 miles away from me, it looks very shinny on the forecourt, no mention of mileage, have not heard anything negative about the dealer

Looks very nice in the pics, wonder what it is like close up. I presume milage is not a great worry, only an ave of 10k a year so far in its life.

I don't think that these early 221 CDis have the best reliability record. I seem to recall quite a few threads about serious issues with the engine. I'd recommend a thorough search on here and a solid Google. These can easily cost you plenty in repairs if you get a bad one.

I just looked at the pictures. Are the rear seats supposed to look that 'sat in?' They look well used which, coupled with low miles, might mean chauffeur driven short hops with lots of time idling in traffic or waiting around. Like I say, could be they're supposed to look like that.

Last edited:
That's been there for quite some time now. Haggle hard.

If your father in law was able to stretch to another couple of grand, he could buy a fully approved car from the MB UK Retailer of the Year 2015, with a full history, 12 warranty and all other benefits that MB retailers have to give. Also car will have done about half the miles, have a look at Western Mercedes web site. Only down side he would have to travel north to get one of their deals, unless they ship it south for him which I know they will do.
My only connection is as a satisfied customer, this retailer really deserves the title they won in April, and IMHO they do not over charge, you can drive a good bargain with them, they are keen.

For that price you should be able to get the face lift CLS 320 CDI (08 plate+)

I don't think that these early 221 CDis have the best reliability record. I seem to recall quite a few threads about serious issues with the engine. I'd recommend a thorough search on here and a solid Google. These can easily cost you plenty in repairs if you get a bad one.

I just looked at the pictures. Are the rear seats supposed to look that 'sat in?' They look well used which, coupled with low miles, might mean chauffeur driven short hops with lots of time idling in traffic or waiting around. Like I say, could be they're supposed to look like that.

This is what I've heard too. Early w221 have potential engine issues (2006/2007 iirc).

The op might wish to check the engine in this model and check if the CLS now being considered suffers the same issue perhaps.

Well that must have been the quickest car search in history, he's bought the CLS from White Horse Motor Company.

On inspection it apparently looks and drives like new. I can't wait to see it now!!

Hi, new guy here and I've got one of these early S320s.

pic 7 is showing Glow Plug and Check Engine lights as on... don't think those should be on with the engine running as revs are at approx 1k.

That one looks nice, I could not find much information on the facelift, was there much difference?

Mainly cosmetic
Grill
Exhausts
Bumpers
Mirrors
Lights
Steering wheel
Alloys
Paints
maybe more...
Same engine & gearbox as before

My father in law has asked me to help him find a new car. Choice is between an E Saloon, S or CLS all with a 320 CDi or 350 CDi engine. Budget is up to £12k.

What do you think of this S Class?

Used Mercedes-benz S Class Saloon 3.0 S320 Cdi 7g-tronic 4dr in Melksham, Wiltshire | Audi Vw Car Sales

Tell your father in law this is available for much less than his budget and ( going to get hated on here ) probably a lot more reliable than the S class.

This is my fathers car, and is genuinely absolutely a well cared for example, in superb condition. 58,000 miles, soft close doors, full BMW history, its a genuine car.

£10700 its his

63f53a3d4964d08823502d4ca5a0d24a.jpg

a0d9e76cbed7322129f4b4838c4e607d.jpg

that's a lot of car for that kind of cash (I'll be hated too!)

0b0ab1f37312fc4c40bba3dd7e6e531e.jpg
79431293c2cc612abc056e78f44c7ab9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom