Opinions please!

Which do you prefer?

• Article 1

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Article 2

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Article 1 of course

Did you guys vote at the top?

I think it is neck and neck so far.

At first I thought Article one was a bit rubbish at standstill, but when it set off towards the horizon, I thought "Mmmmm! Lovely!"

Article 2, I thought "Sounds like a badly tuned 'P' Reg Subaru"

I voted 1. Very nice.

Cool post, makes a nice change from "Oh balls my Merc's acting like an alfa romeo" of which I've been as guilty as the next man :)

YouTube - ‪M4H00393‬‏

This is the "sport" version the car runs Kleemann headers, zero cats with standard resonator.

I went through this a while back, everyone I turned to pointed at the Eisenmann, they all said stay away from the race version if you intend on further exhaust mods as it will be simply to loud.

Have you looked at prices?

Article 1 mate, that's the one that made my laptop speakers vibrate :D:D

Definitely n° 1. I imagine that even if it says "race exhaust", if it is an Eisenmann it must be TÜV certified meaning not too loud on the road so as to not disturb the neighbours, while having a throaty sound

I voted for No2

This one is without Cats or resonator - lovely!

[YOUTUBE]3YdTKguUFrw[/YOUTUBE]

I'd be interested to know costs in all aspects.

Meisterschaft have not responded to my contact so their chances of me buying their exhausts are slowly ebbing away.

I think englishdas has worried me with the line:

"Sounds like a badly tuned 'P' Reg Subaru"

...and I know exactly what he means. I'm not trying to recreate a wide boy boxer with 4" exhaust.

I don't know prices other than those of the full Meisterschaft system and converting from US$.

I also don't know if I have a resonator or not?

I know my rear cats (I thought there was 1 but it sounds like there might have been 2) have been cut out.

This is tricky because I don't know what is and what isn't fitted on the cars in all the clips.

I also think the whole replacement system is too loud for me.

In terms of volume, I think no.2 above is about right for me. I want to hear it but I don't want it to rule my life (been there done that).

I also don't want to put much money into it either.

If I start at the beginning then (and bear in mind I am missing cats) - what options and costs are there for replacement starting from the whole system to just the back boxes?

(I only have good speakers at home so will be listening to the attached clip later!).

Both Systems will cost you around £1800. If you get the Meisterschaft may cost you more, I think you may have to pay duty/vat when getting it into the UK.

Plus fitting of course.

Meisterschaft is only the back boxes and is £2400 (there is a UK supplier).

I take it then the Eisenmann is just back boxes?

OK, so if the cost of replacement CATs is a shed load, or I can't get hold of knackered CATs which I just break the innards out of and get welded in, the third option is looking at this again.

Is there an aftermarket exhaust like the Eisenmann / Meisterschaft / Renntech or A.N.Other which would have the rear CATs and what is the likely cost?

Would it be an option to have a standard exhaust and activated header valves ?

IMO there is nothing to beat the sound of an old-skool, big block US V8 with straight pipes.

In all honesty, that's the sound I wanted to get from mine (80s Transams / Chargers / Mustangs / Corvettes) but I assumed it was never gonna be possible.

:dk:

Open headers via valves might give you the answer. Maybe just not the way you envisaged.

None of today's V8s 'burble' properly due to Euro-********

Last edited:
E55K got so much power.What I would do keep the amg mufflers as they look awsome get X pipe and delete resonators cheap,simple and U would get a V8 growl from hell LOL

[youtube]tXvLRqhgjuw[/youtube]

That sound !!!

Last edited:
I like the look of the standard exhaust but if I have to stick in two new CATs, the sound is going to be non-existant.

The clips I've heard without the resonator sounded a bit odd to me...

I love the sound but I think that Cobra is too loud!

I'm thinking more this sort of thing (specifically when he moves it forward into the garage - the sound then but this clip requires speakers with a good subwoofer for full effect):

[YOUTUBE]tTRts7icCaY[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom