Opinions please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport, Yamaha XVS 1100, Toyota C-HR GR sport
The incident in the link below happened to yesterday.
I know these sort of things happen all the time, but it happened 'out of the blue' (yes, I know it shouldn't have) and had me thinking for some time afterwards.
I certainly was slower and more careful for the rest of the day, especially when I went out on the bike later.
So, comments? Criticisms?
More than happy to hear constructive criticism on my driving/style to help reduce the 'emergency' to an 'avoidance'.
Worth saying it appeared the car behind just missed going into the back of me.

Incident happens around 1:18 into the vid.

https://youtu.be/Z3ceSKixIYY

brucemillar said:
Video "not available" Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Yes - looking into that ...

Nope, can't make sense of that - I can see it from my account but not from a link.
Hold fire, I'll take a look in the morning.

It works for me.

Not sure what the Audi was trying to do...not sure how you could have anticipated it.

It works fine for me too.

I can't think of anything else you could do to prevent potential accidents like that, other than swear and brake, which you did well:thumb:

That could have ended in "Dire Straits"...;)

I thought it might have been. Sounded very Knopfler.

With regards to the video - I think your speed and driving were spot on and your ultimate actions were to be expected as you reacted accordingly.

You certainly didn't do anything wrong as far as I am concerned.

...you might even find the Audi had no intention of crossing your path and was just manoeuvring on their side of the road.

Although you couldn't have possibly known that and had to assume they were going to pull in front of you of course.

If they weren't, they should have waited until you had gone by for avoidance of doubt - I would have done if I were just farting around on my side of the road.

As you say - one of those things.

And was that Dire Straits?

Thanks - yes it was Dire Straits.
Still can't get the link to work, but it is ok in the app.
Yes, it think the audi was pulling across to reverse into a parking space.

[YOUTUBE]Z3ceSKixIYY[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom