opinions sought. Ordered an A class Mercedes in Oct14. Still not driving it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crisc204

Car
w208 Coupe,
My G/F Ordered an A class Mercedes on 22 Oct14.
For delivery around 1st Feb 15 when our current car reaches end of lease.

Its only a vanilla A 200CDi Sport. No hard to get options, in fact no options.

Still not driving it.

How long is too long?

A nice lady at Mercedes head office thinks its a bit odd we are not driving our new car, so she's looking in to it.

Has anyone else had to wait a looooooooooooooooog time for their A class?

Not an A Class but, I ordered my E class in September and I still do not have that yet. Having said that mine has been built and was shipped from Zeebrugge Last night so I am booked in to collect on Monday:bannana:.

You need to go back to the dealer and get the build date or at least due build date. Also worth getting the date that the order was passed to MBUK. If it was late leaving the dealer - I would be negotiating a discount in one form or another

Steve

If it's a base spec A-class I can see a number of lease dealers with cars in stock today - waiting 5 months seems very excessive.

We had planned to collect it at the start of Feb and gave the Garage plenty of time to get the car in...

They have come out with allsorts, hence the phone call to Mercedes UK

Today they offered us a GLA for a week which has helped a bit, as the girls are heading of to the coast and our Golf is saying it wants a service

They are checking group stock for another colour, but the whole point of putting the order in early was to get a Blue A200CDi Sport.

After 5 mono-tone cars the Mrs wants something different
I dismissed the Renault powered 150CDi as I think its underpowered.
This isn't quick 136BHP but it's Torquey and a 2.2 so it should make it work

To top it off I've seen two other blue A200's with dealer plates from where we ordered it! Which one of those sod's is driving our car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think is reasonable? First A200CDi "AMG" Sport that turns up?? LOL

16-20 weeks for a new car to be built is not long at all.

Did you not get the details of build etc. once they placed the order so you could track it production?

If you order something special or funky spec yep 20 weeks is ok
Longer if it's A true AMG or M3 etc

This is a very nice but very ordinary diesel A class.

As of Saturday my mrs has an A class in the wrong colour but on the quiet my favourite shade offered in these cars the met. Grey

One person at the dealership made it her job to get us sorted out.
We were given a GLA until our car was ready
Our car was presented inside covered up by our girl Rosie and the dealer principle
Big very nice bunch of flowers, couple of freebie bits and bobs mats and a brolly
Full tank of fuel
The car has been machine polished and detailed paint looks great, much much less orange peel than other A class in the car park ( we have a bodyshop I see that stuff at 20 paces!)

So although the initial salesman is a twit requiring a clarkson tuneup and the principle did not apologise or look me in the eye...(which for me signals an untrustworthy person)
I want him to say look I'm very sorry let's draw a line under that and moving forward...
That's how grown men respectfully sought out issues

Our new contact had the situation dealt with inside 2.5 weeks one of which my girls were away at the seaside

If you must use Mercedes Benz Loughborough please ask for Rosie!

And I'm still not driving it because to quote the Mrs "it's my car drive your own!"
LOL

If you order something special or funky spec yep 20 weeks is ok

No it isn't.

But if customers accept such poor service and continue to place orders with delivery schedules placed out so far then the manufacturers will take advantage of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom