Opinions wanted for R63AMG 21 Inch wheels on a Mercedes S Class W221 AMG pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi mate I hope you don't mind me asking but what tyre size are you running on the diamond cut wheels pls? And spacers. It looks gorgeous 😍

Hi Jay,

Thank you and sorry for not replying sooner.
The wheels are 10j all around and et46. I was running 245/35/21 for the fronts and 275/30/21 rears. I did have 265/35/21 at the rears at one point. As for spacers, I had 8mm at the front and 10mm at the rear

Hi Jay,

Thank you and sorry for not replying sooner.
The wheels are 10j all around and et46. I was running 245/35/21 for the fronts and 275/30/21 rears. I did have 265/35/21 at the rears at one point. As for spacers, I had 8mm at the front and 10mm at the rear
Hi mate thank you for coming back to me I was really hoping I could have a chat with you, I had tyres put on today and the fronts are 245 35 21 but it's a crazy stretch and the rim sticks out of the tyre. Is this how yours sit? I'm wondering if I can got wider on the width at the front I.e 265 maybe.

Attachments

• 20220105_103758.jpg
    20220105_103758.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Hi mate thank you for coming back to me I was really hoping I could have a chat with you, I had tyres put on today and the fronts are 245 35 21 but it's a crazy stretch and the rim sticks out of the tyre. Is this how yours sit? I'm wondering if I can got wider on the width at the front I.e 265 maybe.

Hi Jay,
Oh that does look a bit too stretched!
It could be because of the tyre. I have noticed in the last that some tyres even though they are the same size, the sidewall of the tyre is different. I had this when I put a square setup on my previous e46 M3. I found the Michelin had a bigger sidewall than the continental. This could explain why the tyre you have fitted looks more stretched than on my wheels.

From what I understand, if an s class w221 came with 21's from factory, the front tyres are 255/35/21.
I wouldn't go for 265's as I think they will rub at the front on a full lock

Hi Jay,
Oh that does look a bit too stretched!
It could be because of the tyre. I have noticed in the last that some tyres even though they are the same size, the sidewall of the tyre is different. I had this when I put a square setup on my previous e46 M3. I found the Michelin had a bigger sidewall than the continental. This could explain why the tyre you have fitted looks more stretched than on my wheels.

From what I understand, if an s class w221 came with 21's from factory, the front tyres are 255/35/21.
I wouldn't go for 265's as I think they will rub at the front on a full lock
Hi mate thanx for coming back to me I ended up putting 275 35 21 on front with 8mm spacers and got no rubbing at all and the rear has 285 35 21 and sits all good.

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well!

As some of you have seen here I have a Mercedes S600 that I have done a lot of work to it.

When I was looking at buying some wheels for the car, there was only 2 style of wheels I was after, the GLE63AMG 21 inch or the R63AMG wheels which are also 21 inch

I bought the GLE63AMG wheels which are 21 inch and 10j front and back. It took me a long time to find them in the spec and colour I was looking for.
The other wheels that I was considering R63AMG ones are very very hard to come by!

I am happy with the wheels I got and I think wheels make the car. They fill the arches perfect and even though the car is lowered with big wheels, the ride is still very smooth.

About 2 weeks ago I was bored and was looking at some videos on youtube. There is a black S65AMG W221 with the R63AMG 21' alloys and that was the car that I saw 2 years ago when I was doing my car up. I thought those wheels really go well with the s class. Then it got me thinking, maybe I should try again to see if I could find this wheels. First place I looked for was on ebay and to my surprise there was a set of genuine ones for sale! I wasn't going to let anyone win them! :D
Just as the auction was about to end I put a bid and I won them.

They needed a refurb. The next day after picking them up, I dropped them off at an alloy garage for a full refurb.
I also got tyres for the wheels and I went for 255/35/21 fronts and 273/30/21 rears.

I was so excited to fit this wheels and I thought i'd have them as winter wheels. This way the car would look good summer time and in winter but i'll be honest, I don't really like them on the car :(
I don't know if it's because they need some big spacers as they are too far in or what but to me the car has lost the wow factor. It just looks to plain, too simple!

Before I put them for sale, I thought i'd ask here to get your opinions.

Should I buy some spacers and keep them or should I get rid of them? I think i'd have to buy 20mm spacers for the rear and 15mm for the front?

The only reason why I'm still thinking of keeping them is because they are so rare to come by in this size and I don't want to regret selling them later on

This are the wheels I currently have fitted to the car which I really like

This are the R63AMG alloy wheels that i'm not so sure about

Hello Sam,
I just got the ML63 rims for my W221. Need advice on the tyre setup. Can you confirm the tire size you have on in the following picture please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-081417_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-081417_Chrome.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 8
Hello @Ahmad484
At first, I had 265/35/21 at the rear and 255/35/21 at the front. Once the rear tyres were worn, I changed the back ones for 275/30/21.
You can actually fit 285/30/21 at the rear as the brabus w221 that has 21 inch wheels from factory comes with 285/30/21 at the rear and 255/35/21 front.

I miss this car sometimes. It had so much road presence. I’m considering to buy another one maybe?

R-Class wheels were available for the 221 in "smaller" 20-inch size. Mine came standard with the car but, same as you - I found them a little too bland looking. I'd go smaller and lighter, not bigger and heavier though - 19" in the front, 20" in the rear:

ux0bMMO.jpg

tXXBl0d.jpeg
Love the colour of your car… which one is this?

Love the colour of your car… which one is this?

It’s currently for sale on eBay and auto trader, I think the colour name is on the description

I wish I could buy this! One of the best looking S65AMG’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom