Opions on my new number plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickythemerc

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 220 CDI Sport 2009
I have been pondering over putting a personal sort of plate on my CLK. Generally speaking I cannot be doing with tacky looking private plates that are trying to spell something badly or are illegal due to daft spacing. I am however now the guardian of RC 09 CLK the first bit being my initials the 09 is just 09 and the last bit is of course the model of the car.

What does the panel think ??

Or should I just get my coat :eek:

You are allowed an extra space before and after the two middle characters according to Plates for Cars on line plate builder.

Sounds like a good plate, can we have a pic? :)

You are allowed an extra space before and after the two middle characters according to Plates for Cars on line plate builder.

Pretty sure that’s wrong, @Abb can you confirm?

That's incorrect. See page 8 of the attached document for the rules around spacing.

Also bear in mind that Plates for Cars numberplates are not legal to use in the UK.

Attachments

• vehicle-registration-numbers-and_number-plates-inf104.pdf
    711.1 KB · Views: 31
I'm sure the plate will 'serve' you well.

I'm not a huge fan of car-specific plates as already mentioned (unless you are keeping that car until you die or will only ever buy them).

As long as you like it though...

I'm sure you'd get away with slightly hooky spacing.

MB09 CLK would be classier,beiing car specific.Just my opinion.:)

Do it. That plate should be cheap so not a loss even if you eventually leave it on the car. Regarding spacing, if you keep the fonts legal you are unlikely to get into trouble. ANPR cameras can read the gap and the police shouldn't really bother you. If you do want the gap but want to be safe(r), space the front plate but not the back

This is what the two variants look like

imageSC (1).jpg

If it’s for a CLK then you may not be able to use it. This registration number can only be used on a car first registered in 2009 (or more recently). It can’t be used on cars first registered prior to 2009.

If it’s for a CLK then you may not be able to use it. This registration number can only be used on a car first registered in 2009 (or more recently). It can’t be used on cars first registered prior to 2009.
The OPs details say that he has a 2009 CLK.

You should have no trouble with the plate,I have one that has my intial a gap and then my entire surname,it is read by the Dartford crossing cameras,the places you want to be vigilant about are Mc Donalds the old bill love to stuff their faces and then look for a reason for sitting in the car park,my grandson got a extra icecream last time one showed some intrest in it,and filling station around lunchtime,got stopped by a cop who warned me about the plate,he was clutching his empty can and meal deal wrappers.

Do it. That plate should be cheap so not a loss even if you eventually leave it on the car. Regarding spacing, if you keep the fonts legal you are unlikely to get into trouble. ANPR cameras can read the gap and the police shouldn't really bother you. If you do want the gap but want to be safe(r), space the front plate but not the back

I ran an ML for eleven years with an extra space front and back - ML 05 AMG - and it was never queried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom