Opions on my new number plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah good, but I prefer plated that you can take with you. Rather than car specific.
Hi folks. I have an eye on a DVLA (cheap) plate that would suit my SL400. I already have a personalized plate on another car but it occurs to me that a "dateless" plate pertaining to the make and model might add a little value to the SL when I eventually sell it or buy another. What do you all think?
Thanks. Gareth

Don't think they add value unless the buyer has the same taste as yourself. Best to sell separately.

Hi folks. I have an eye on a DVLA (cheap) plate that would suit my SL400. I already have a personalized plate on another car but it occurs to me that a "dateless" plate pertaining to the make and model might add a little value to the SL when I eventually sell it or buy another. What do you all think?
Thanks. Gareth

Unless you have de-badged the car it will already have SL400 on the rear for all to see.

Fill the tank up a few times and spend the money on a couple of extra trips out in your motor.

End of the day it’s what suits you :) :thumb:

I currently have AC62 BMW ... my initials, my year of birth and the last three 'car specific'.

I realise that it's useless on other makes, but it wasn't a very dear purchase.

I currently have AC62 BMW ... my initials, my year of birth and the last three 'car specific'.

Unless you sell it to Brian Michael Williams, age 62, who happens to own a Cobra?👹

Hi,
I bought AB55 AMG for my CLS 55, AB being my initials and 55 AMG being the model, never had a personnal plate before and thought it kind of cool.

Hi,
I bought AB55 AMG for my CLS 55, AB being my initials and 55 AMG being the model, never had a personnal plate before and thought it kind of cool.

I'd not read either of those as meaning anything; there was never a BMW C62 or an AMG B55 model. Bit pointless really, if nobody knows what it means but you and a very few others.

I'd notice the BMW and AMG, but the rest would mean nothing to me.

That's strange as I always assumed your name in here was your registration No and you drove an E55 and had the initials BOF.
Strange how people see things different.

Hi,
I had DW 03 GSX on my first GSXR600. It was a 2003 model and DW are my initials.

Are you sure?
AC62 BMW, 100%. AB55 AMG, 90%.
That's strange as I always assumed your name in here was your registration No and you drove an E55 and had the initials BOF.

Ill-chosen forum name. When I joined, I was just about to buy an E55, and at my age, surely I had to be a B.O.F....

I no longer have an E55...

Me too. Easy to assume the wrong thing.

AC62 BMW, 100%. AB55 AMG, 90%.

Ill-chosen forum name. When I joined, I was just about to buy an E55, and at my age, surely I had to be a B.O.F....

I no longer have an E55...

So you were going to buy E55 BOF because you were going to buy a E55 but you only see AMG in AB55 AMG?

really?

I also don't know what a BOF is.

I've never bought a number plate. I've toyed with the notion once or twice when I saw something that caught my eye, but always concluded that the whole idea was a bit naff, really.

I chose E55 as part of my forum name because I was about to buy an E55.

B.O.F. = Boring Old Fart...

Ah I see now 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom