Opions on my new number plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've never bought a number plate. I've toyed with the notion once or twice when I saw something that caught my eye, but always concluded that the whole idea was a bit naff, really.

I chose E55 as part of my forum name because I was about to buy an E55.

B.O.F. = Boring Old Fart...
I don’t see BOF as Boring Old Fart.

Pat Sharpe used to live close to us and we would often see him in his Porsche 944 with the need plate PAT 944R.
He didn’t appear to be too bothered when he put it on his R129.

My CLK is due for MOT next week, I will use my usual MOT guy who has been testing my motors for nearly twenty years. I am keen to see how he feels about 1 my RC 09 CLK plate and 2 my modified headlights with the fitted projector units and HID's

I await the cries of the experts.............. :rolleyes: My next post could be from the cell block of the prison for number plate and light offenders. Just hope the food is OK.

I have a PP on the van and the car. They mean nothing to anyone else because they just look like normal plates.

I like the fact that no one else knows they are PP’s.
Private plates that no-one knows are private plates. Now that's pretty cool...:thumb:

My wife has EL05SAN which is the first 2 letters of her first name the 05 is either the month she was born or the 5 to be the an s for the first letter of her middle name and the last 3 being the first 3 letters of her surname, have MA05SAN which is the first 2 letters of my first name and the last 3 as the first 3 of my surname the 05 means nothing to me but just looks cool parked in the drive but she says 05 could also be the date at which we got married, my rx7 has USJ679 on it means nothing it just came with the car just doesnt show the age of the car

My wife has EL05SAN which is the first 2 letters of her first name the 05 is either the month she was born or the 5 to be the an s for the first letter of her middle name and the last 3 being the first 3 letters of her surname, have MA05SAN which is the first 2 letters of my first name and the last 3 as the first 3 of my surname the 05 means nothing to me but just looks cool parked in the drive but she says 05 could also be the date at which we got married, my rx7 has USJ679 on it means nothing it just came with the car just doesnt show the age of the car
That gave me a headache after reading that!!

My wife has EL05SAN which is the first 2 letters of her first name the 05 is either the month she was born or the 5 to be the an s for the first letter of her middle name and the last 3 being the first 3 letters of her surname, have MA05SAN which is the first 2 letters of my first name and the last 3 as the first 3 of my surname the 05 means nothing to me but just looks cool parked in the drive but she says 05 could also be the date at which we got married,
If I saw those two registrations together, I'd probably think 'Ossan's an unusual name'. Either on its own would be totally meaningless.

I have a PP on the van and the car. They mean nothing to anyone else because they just look like normal plates.

I like the fact that no one else knows they are PP’s.
Taking this a tiny step further, doesn’t everybody therefore have a ‘private plate’, it being unique to them?

Taking this a tiny step further, doesn’t everybody therefore have a ‘private plate’, it being unique to them?
I think you’re missing my point. Obviously my plates are relevant to me, but just look like a regular plate to anyone else.

Get it?

My wife has EL05SAN which is the first 2 letters of her first name the 05 is either the month she was born
Now 05 is the month she was born, that is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom