Opps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teddoc

Car
c class 220d AGM line
Hi everyone I have been driving a c200 d for many years good cars and very comfortable.
just sold my 2013 c200 d and 2 days ago bought a C220d AGM line with 38000 miles on the clock.
Now I have been driving it for a couple of days I am wondering if I have done the right thing?
It's so much noisier and when you hit a pothole you can really feel it. My thoughts are to sell and buy a 2018 C220 SE Executive edition for a smoother ride thanks. Ted

They will be if he keeps running over potholes!

You have bought a non AMG car with hard AMG 'type' suspension (probably has unnecessarily big wheels and low profile tyres on as well) , that it really does not need . It will not get any softer, sell it and buys something you are more comfortable in . 👍

Teddoc, My wife hates my car for exactly the same reasons as you, whereas, I love it. Unfortunately, as Pete says, the only simple option is a swap.

Would smaller wheels and non run flat tyres not help the issue for the OP’er?
Or even checking/dropping tyre pressures a tad? When i get mine back from servicing they always put in the recommended pressure which is way too much, though gives better economy. Bit more risky with really low profile tyres though. I have found even dropping a few psi does make a noticeable difference.

Thanks, everyone decided to give it a few weeks, I now appreciate the safety plus points of the tyres,
and found the volume button for the radio that should help! Cheers Ted

AMG Line = lowered and stiffened suspension.

Large wheels = low profile and a harsh ride.

Runflats (if fitted) = even harsher ride.... :(

The Executive SE will have a more comfortable ride (as long as it comes with small wheels - ideally 16"), but you'll lose some of the trim niceties of the AMG Line (inside and outside).

Thanks, everyone decided to give it a few weeks, I now appreciate the safety plus points of the tyres,
and found the volume button for the radio that should help! Cheers Ted
If you are happy with every other aspect of the car then I’d seriously consider ditching the run flats for standard tyres. (All season tyres if possible).

Or better still, change for 18” wheels and standard tyres.

We did the former for exactly the same reason as yourself and the result was astonishing. 👍

You have bought a non AMG car with hard AMG 'type' suspension (probably has unnecessarily big wheels and low profile tyres on as well) , that it really does not need . It will not get any softer, sell it and buys something you are more comfortable in . 👍
This.

I went from a full fat SL63 to a pretend c250d pp cabrio amg line with 19s on thinking it would be a sensible car with a sensible ride.
Could never get away with it and never really enjoyed the 'ride'.
Always felt nasty to me. Looked good but only used it if I had to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom