Optimistic CLK320 valuations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
I occasionally use Autotrader to find the potential sale value of my CLK320 W208. I suspect it's worth roughly £3k these days.
So how come I found this dealer advertising a similar CLK for £6k? Is he being optimistic or are there still decent values in some CLK coupes?

edit: just to add....the reason for my question is that I am wondering whether it is worth respraying my bonnet to remove the stone chips, and fixing the rust on the rear wheel arches.......I guess it would be if my car was worth £3.5-4k afterwards

Last edited:
Thats very optimistic ..... ;)

Give you an idea , i bought a 430 , with less miles , mine is a facelift ( that one you have linked to is one of the very earliest CLK's ) better specced , etc etc for the same price.

I'd be surprised if that one in the link is worth more than £3800/£4k

http://www.freecarvaluations.co.uk/car-valuation-308114.htm

MERCEDES-BENZ CLK COUPE 320 Elegance 2dr Auto

image.aspx

The estimated retail price for this car is: £4,825
The estimated trade value of this car is: £2,575
6 Previous Owner(s)

That old bus would never make £4800 ! :)

I'd guess £4k at retail and £3k private.

Reading Peter's search for a W209 CLK500 I now know I 'only' have to find another £6k to upgrade :(

excellent..............your find trumps mine by some margin!

excellent..............your find trumps mine by some margin!

It was at £12995 for a long time:eek:

When they had a CLK55 in i phoned for a P/EX of my clk
(same age,spec ,34K) the trader took the right hump when i pointed out that he was offering £4K for mine and he had almost the same car on at £12995.

Muttered something about his one being an extremely rare one owner example:rolleyes:

I occasionally use Autotrader to find the potential sale value of my CLK320 W208. I suspect it's worth roughly £3k these days.
So how come I found this dealer advertising a similar CLK for £6k? Is he being optimistic or are there still decent values in some CLK coupes?

edit: just to add....the reason for my question is that I am wondering whether it is worth respraying my bonnet to remove the stone chips, and fixing the rust on the rear wheel arches.......I guess it would be if my car was worth £3.5-4k afterwards

Thats very optimistic for that area of the country, further south pre facelift w208's are still changing hands for between £5k - £7.5k for minters depending on mileage, service history and number of owners

Are you looking to sell wemorgan? i am on the look out for a clk320 dependent on spec / price etc... Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss. Thanks. Paul

Dont forget all cars prices seem to be silly at the moment way to high and people must be paying that?

Lynall

Tell me about it! Im not actually convinced that they are selling though - you see the same cars listed for months. You can't make them sell the car to you though, just seems crazy to me. I always thought the idea with a depreciating asset is to have quick turnover release cash. What do i know eh!?

Around here secondhand values of CLK W208 are on the climb, theres now some examples of pre face lift cars fetching more money than facelift cars of similar spec and mileage, cant get a good one around here below £3k most good examples £3.5k +

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom