Optimum time for car insurance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sprint-Man

Car
W209 CLK 240
Useful to know, thanks maybe next year I will get my insurance below £200!

Another tip for everyone, buy a V8, cheapest insurance I have had in over 30 years!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Actually, insurers have to send you renewal terms by 21 days before the renewal date, presumably to give you time to shop around. So it’s not surprising that ins companies will say 22 days is the optimum time to renew.......

Actually, insurers have to send you renewal terms by 21 days before the renewal date, presumably to give you time to shop around. So it’s not surprising that ins companies will say 22 days is the optimum time to renew.......
The Martin Lewis article is based on actual quote requests carried out from 30 to 1 day before renewal, they gathered the evidence first then approached the insurers...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Do not leave it until the day before you need to renew, will cost more as I found out a couple of years ago when I went on holiday for two weeks then remembered only on my return with 2 days before expiry

I've just had my renewal notice through 4 weeks before the due date. I'm going to wait a week and then get some quotes. I'm sure I read somewhere that car insurance cost are down this year but now can't find it.

I’ve been checking prices every two days for three weeks and on 5 days before the due date the prices went down significantly and below last years premium so I took it.

^ Fingers Crossed - I've got 3 to get through this, Its not so bad I walk with a limp for 2 or 3 weeks after, as its likened to a kick in the nuts, after that I'm fine..

P.S Watch out for Hastings Direct - take your monies first before checking ANPR discovered that I had an expired endorsement that they would like another £400 notes for.. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: cancelled went else where..:thumb:

I remember reading somewhere that online quoting engines factor in the time of day. E.g. getting a quote at two in the morning produces a higher premium than say, three in the afternoon.

I remember reading somewhere that online quoting engines factor in the time of day. E.g. getting a quote at two in the morning produces a higher premium than say, three in the afternoon.
So the optimum time for car insurance is approximately 3pm!? - That's useful to know. :cool:

P.S Watch out for Hastings Direct - take your monies first before checking ANPR discovered that I had an expired endorsement that they would like another £400 notes for.. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: cancelled went else where..:thumb:

How does an expired endorsement put up the cost of your renewal? Especially by £400 !!
Hastings specifically ask about accidents and convictions during the past 5 years so an expired endorsement over 5yrs old is not required to be declared.

Expired means exactly that. How far back do they want to go to charge extra for expired endorsements?

Trust me, this happened last year! I was delighted with their quote had disclosed everything (Or So I thought) and paid straight up, it was about 5 weeks later and I got the call "Urgent your policy is void" and I'm like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: as I had a bad experience a few years ago for a random thought and cost me £1200 notes, but that's another story. So I'm straight on the phone and "Justin" answers "Mr X, you never declared a speeding endorsement" "Oh yes I bloody well did.."Nope, did you have an endorsement for speeding in 30?" Yup.. but it was 5 years ago " Not the point, therefore I have to go back to the under writer,please hold..." rumpty tum....."Mr X , the underwriter would like to add an extra £400 to the policy for non disclosure.." But its Spent.. " Doesn't Matter thats the underwiters policy and point for non disclosure" I canceled there and then...and reported "Justin" to his superiors on the fact the should have done their checks before taking full payment and not 5 weeks later! He conceded it to be correct however to cancel would cost me £100 notes admin charges..my loss I'm afraid :( Signed up with Go Skippy immediately and saved my £100 notes on a cheaper insurance...

My policy was due to expire on the 3rd of August.

Renewal just over £640 (Polo GTi and BMW 520d) and online checking was right in the same ballpark.

Called my insurers, did the dance and renewed at a shade over £500.

It can be done ....

My policy was due to expire on the 3rd of August.

Renewal just over £640 (Polo GTi and BMW 520d) and online checking was right in the same ballpark.

Called my insurers, did the dance and renewed at a shade over £500.

It can be done ....

Which insurer? Is it a multicar policy?

Trust me, this happened last year! I was delighted with their quote had disclosed everything (Or So I thought) and paid straight up, it was about 5 weeks later and I got the call "Urgent your policy is void" and I'm like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: as I had a bad experience a few years ago for a random thought and cost me £1200 notes, but that's another story. So I'm straight on the phone and "Justin" answers "Mr X, you never declared a speeding endorsement" "Oh yes I bloody well did.."Nope, did you have an endorsement for speeding in 30?" Yup.. but it was 5 years ago " Not the point, therefore I have to go back to the under writer,please hold..." rumpty tum....."Mr X , the underwriter would like to add an extra £400 to the policy for non disclosure.." But its Spent.. " Doesn't Matter thats the underwiters policy and point for non disclosure" I canceled there and then...and reported "Justin" to his superiors on the fact the should have done their checks before taking full payment and not 5 weeks later! He conceded it to be correct however to cancel would cost me £100 notes admin charges..my loss I'm afraid :( Signed up with Go Skippy immediately and saved my £100 notes on a cheaper insurance...

I don't disbelieve you. Up to 5 yrs previous should have been declared. Over that, Hastings were out of line. Nowhere on their insutance proposal does it mention offences over 5yrs old to be declared.
How on earth are you supposed to be aware of the underwriters policy?
I'd have had a word with the insurance ombudsman about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom