Optional Extras You Thought Useless But Cannot Do Without

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
To be controversial I could say LSD (the diff not the drug), I fall into the thought that unless your a track wannabe a LSD is useless on the road but I can tell it makes an improvement (or is that the anti skid?) nah Im kidding myself I cant tell if it does anything on the A41 at 9.15 am on a wet wednesday, its useless to me and to the majority I guess HOWEVER 90% of people with it probably swear by it.

I really started this thread to say "heated steering wheel" never again will I not tick the box for a heated wheel if I spec a new car. It ranks higher than heated seats (in a saloon) IMHO and is so lovely to have.

Comand? :D

Last edited:
Big fek off wheels....not bling third party but manufacturer option.

I hate seeing CLS's with the 17" alloys on them.

for me parking sensors and heated seats! distronic is great too never thought id ever use it but i do, starting to use linguatronic more as well as im getting used to it!

Oddly, I kind of miss the simplicity of my first cars. Wipers you turned off and they stopped, no self parking. Heaters that had a one speed fan, a couple of flaps to adjust the airflow and a simple knob to vaguely adjust the heat and quarter lights instead of aircon. Plus a starting handle just in case!

In those days, men were men, and women were glad of it:)

Climate control, heated seats, auto lights (sad, I know), full leather and my BIG wheels! :)

Oddly, I kind of miss the simplicity of my first cars....

No worries. It seems that my poverty-spec W203 was built for people like you... :(

My first new car was a Fiesta in 1982.

Optional extras I had were.....

- Passenger side door mirror
- Passenger side sun visor
- Push button Medium Wave radio (mono - 1 speaker)
- Rear parcel shelf

How things have changed !

...mine was a Renault Dauphine model 1958, bought in 1977.... there were no options :D

Tried a car with a heated steering wheel (Range Rover) and it is pretty nice on a chilly day.

Tried a car with a heated steering wheel (Range Rover) and it is pretty nice on a chilly day.

There was a long thread on here a while back about the complexity of retro fitting a heated steering wheel to a merc. Big long list of things that had to be done..

I somehow resisted the temptation to post:

"just buy some fecking gloves"

:D

keyless go. fantastic would order it on every amg if they still did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom