Options At Trade In Time - A Main Dealer Speaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are most second-hand E-Class buyers taxi drivers?

I can see why professional drivers would be willing to pay extra for a full-size spare wheel, as it allows them to keep rolling at normal speed and complete their journey (albeit after a small delay), but why would any one else consider it something worth paying for? I would have loved to have a full-size spare, sure, but not to the extent that it would have an impact on my buying choice.

On the basis that you've all given up now I shall reveal all:

Leather
Comand
Pano Roof
Optional Wheels (larger)

Not very exciting really, after all that.

Dam! :crazy:

I'm short on the Pano roof! :doh:

Leather
Comand
Pano Roof
Optional Wheels (larger)

Simple sums really---- as I said before they have to be visible [ how easily are we influenced by trinkets! :eek: ] and a quick perusal of the option price list reveals these are among the highest cost options -- accountancy thinking to the fore once more. :(
Pano roof-----nice till it cracks/leaks gets vandalised. :eek: The slightly puzzling omission of a nice metallic paint finish makes sense when you realise they are almost all silver or black now .:p

Leather
Comand
Pano Roof
Optional Wheels (larger)

On that basis I say we get a forum member with the above spec to visit this dealer to ask for a trade in price...

cue much sucking of teeth, and:

"well, you know what buyers REALLY want is..

(and lists a whole range of other options...)

On that basis I say we get a forum member with the above spec to visit this dealer to ask for a trade in price...

With a new thread of intrigue, guesswork, frustation, suspense etc...

You say its fully loaded Sir----Mmmmm --Comand [pity it's only the 4 digit postcode version] ---Nappa leather [ the animal cruelty people don't like those] --- Pano roof [ they often crack you know- absolute nightmare to repair- I could tell you horror stories-----!]--- optional wheels [ we find people don't go for that "drug dealer" look now ]------ now if it had " TOTWINKEL ASSISTENT" it might have been a different story. :rolleyes:

Leather
Comand
Pano Roof
Optional Wheels (larger)

I guess this is for the newer E class? as the older S211 never had the option of a pano roof.. just a glass sunroof. The W211 did but I though that created more issues..

I've got 3/4 so not bad...

But then they will say... ooh if that was Black leather and not grey, ooh if those wheels were 19" and not the 18"... etc etc..

You can never win

Leather
Comand
Pano Roof
Optional Wheels (larger)

that's of course a single main dealer's opinion

that's of course a single main dealer's opinion

And does anyone value a dealer's opinion anyway? Beyond numbers of units shifted, sales figures and what their bonus is going to be, what do they actually know about cars? :devil: You're better off asking people here!

You're better off asking people here!

Only if people on this forum are a fair representation of the buying population for Mercs (being a significant proportion of the buyers or strong afinity to their wants). Frankly I doubt either are true.

But thanks John for some simple fun - keep 'em coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom