Options Failing To Excite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
What options have you been pre-delivery excited about that, in fact, you've been underwhelmed by - a bit of a let down?

A couple from me:

Stop/Start.
COMAND Online.

When I saw them on the spec I was well pleased, but Stop/Start is a pain in the ass and COMAND Online is just a let down as it's clumsy and non intuitive :mad:.

What say you?

Last edited:
Agree COMAND isn't perhaps as exciting as you'd be led to believe. It is a good step up from the lower options, mind.

Start/Stop- I'm guessing you've not had it before? Been on the last few cars I've had so I can attest it's a little annoying! Some cars seem better with it than not. For example. I've found it less annoying on petrols- as they don't lurch and shudder the same as diesels do.

Gone over to the C350e- and it's SO much better, as the engine cuts out as you start to brake. You then creep on electric in silence, and without a surge as the engine fires up. Much better. It's the future...!

Whenever I'm in the E63 , the first thing I do is switch the Eco button off. I hate the stop/start thing.

The HK is crap. In fact the whole Comand system is so dated compared to bmw.

Mercedes cooled seats are an absolute waste of time.

Linguatronic - total waste of time. Luckily I did not have to pay for it!

COMAND online is absolutely useless. When you do eventually get it to connect it's slow to the point of tedious. Better just using your phone.

As for the stop start function, mine is permanently switched off now. It got to the stage it was an embarrassment, especially when in towns with people around. I know that you (Dev John) know how loud mine is when it starts, all it does is get me dirty looks from people really, especially older ones (like myself I suppose :D).

Also agree with Lee regarding the cooling seats. The fans make a fair old noise but don't do a lot of blowing.

ETA: Forgot Linguatronic as mentioned by Chris, never use it that's probably why. :)

The Parktronic...used it the demo car and thought it was a good laugh. Picked up my new car on 3rd September and am yet to use it...it's less hassle to just park it myself!

OP is talking about COMAND online, not COMAND in itself.

The one with the alleged internet access which never works.

I test drove a fully loaded new 7 series sport last week. This thing had a £7k "laser" headlight option in it. It also had the park itself option. Now the sales guy pressed the button on the remote and the car came forward to us by itself. You can program its path to go in and out of your garage.
All this aside there was loads of wind rush around the wing mirrors and you can hear cars as the pass you on the motorway. It comes across to me as if they have given the luxurious side a back seat while they made the technology amazing.

OP is talking about COMAND online, not COMAND in itself.

The one with the alleged internet access which never works.

Oh right well if it's any consolation I never ever used the BMW online thing in my m3. No point!

Can't say any option has disappointed, less useful than anticipated perhaps. Memory seats spring to mind.

Linguatronic, eminently useful. Parktronic, indispensable, Dynamic seats, wonderful. Paddle shifters, entertaining.....

BTW I always thought MB seats were just ventilated, not actually cooled?

Slightly OT as obviously I didn't order mine new, but automatic wipers. Always either too slow, too fast or take ages to even kick in when needed

Has this improved on newer models?

Can't say any option has disappointed, less useful than anticipated perhaps. Memory seats spring to mind.

Linguatronic, eminently useful. Parktronic, indispensable, Dynamic seats, wonderful. Paddle shifters, entertaining.....

BTW I always thought MB seats were just ventilated, not actually cooled?

What does these dynamic seats do I think the c63 I'm looking at has them?

What does these dynamic seats do I think the c63 I'm looking at has them?

Side bolster inflates when cornering to hold firmly, really works when driving enthusiastically :)

Side bolster inflates when cornering to hold firmly, really works when driving enthusiastically :)

I love the sound of that this car has got features I never even knew it had :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom