optomistic badging??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gina2201

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 Quattro Avant S-Line
Looking for a C230 Kompressor yesterday, came across a "new/old shape CLK Kompressor" - who is this going to fool? WHY OH WHY BOTHER?? Not even believable as it's all wonky and just winds me up!:crazy:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-MERCEDES...oryZ9855QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheap at the moment though....;) :D

EDIT: can't change the spelling in the title, naughty me! :(

The badging can be corrected and apart from the rear bumper which probably needs replacing as it looks fairly bent inwards and the scuffed kerbed genuine AMG 17' alloys it looks like a good car, the leather looks in great shape with hardly much wear at all.

Gina, Get a facelifted 202. Much better all round.

If the bumper or bumpers need replacing it gives you an excuse to fit an AMG kit (sourced from a breakers), it has aircon, leather, both front and rear electric windows and is going cheap so far. I reckon it's a good buy if you can get a w202 with that mileage and if its got no other problems. Most of the wiring on the car is facelift anyways isn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMG-Heckstoss...ryZ65081QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
8 days though, I can't wait that long! :D If it was cheap enough......;)

Don't worry NW_Merc, as soon as his car starts to rust really badly we'll have the upper hand ;)

Gina, Get a facelifted 202. Much better all round.

The ebay one is the sort of middle model, later heater controls etc, but the early bumpers and lights...

Cheap old car though, given it's got leather and a/c.

Don't worry NW_Merc, as soon as his car starts to rust really badly we'll have the upper hand ;)

Its already happened. Cleaned it today & I noticed rust on the end of the wheel arch/rear bumper.

nooo.jpg

Front arches are terrible already - last 6months have been a killer.

Last edited:
I have a tiny bit of bubbling at the bottom of a couple of doors :( It's not bad though, should be able to get it sorted before it becomes a real issue... I hope.

(Sorry also!)

Fixing my exhaust ;) then bodywork sorting, along with new mirrors at the same time, after that facelift lights, then avantgarde grill. After that - dunno really, probably alloys :D

Basically fix up first, then mod time!

Somewhere in all that though I need to replace a few interior/dash bulbs, fix a fuel sensor, and the heating unit lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom