Orange engin light on ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pauldmaynard

Car
W211 220CDI
Hi all
Drove my E 220CDI to town this morning (6 Miles ) when I started the engine to comeback it missed fired a lot & had no power it felt like it was going to breakdown it seemed to clear it self but will only rev to 3000 RPM now the orange engine light is on
Should I try to drive it to the local MB garage about 25 Miles away or should I get them to pick it up
The car is 8 Months old & has done 12,000 Miles

Hi all
Drove my E 220CDI to town this morning (6 Miles ) when I started the engine to comeback it missed fired a lot & had no power it felt like it was going to breakdown it seemed to clear it self but will only rev to 3000 RPM now the orange engine light is on
Should I try to drive it to the local MB garage about 25 Miles away or should I get them to pick it up
The car is 8 Months old & has done 12,000 Miles

Read the Mobilo stuff that came with the car. If it still works the way it did they will send somebody out to your home and if nothing else make that call for you.

Sounds as if the car has gone into "limp home mode" to protect it from further damage. This can be due to a serious fault or just a transient " electronic glitch " which may never recurr. Either way it needs to be checked out by the dealer since its still under warranty. Under Mobilo life they may send a technician out to you who may be able to reset the system at your home or failing that arrange to transport your car back to the dealership. Time to peruse your owner literature which will tell you what to do. Then phone your MB dealer and be advised by them.

Yes, you can drive to your dealer.
Like grober says, there might be fault or not.
Or the light will shut down alone after few starts and driving period without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom