Orange engine management light has come on.....Please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
Hi All, Today driving with very low fuel in my 2006 CLK350 the orange management light came on and has stayed on since.
Done a quick check on the levels etc but all seems OK.
Just wondered if anyone else had this happen when very low on petrol or is just a coincidence.
Is there anything simple I should check before I take it to a garage and I suppose you will all advise my planned 250 mile journey is off for tomorrow although the car is running perfect.:wallbash:
Please help

EML can trigger for a multitude of reasons, but not usually fuel level!!

Your trip maybe fine if you have no other symptoms, as it may be a transient error. For piece of mind you need to get it on a STAR to have the codes read and possibly cleared down. A local Indy sould do that while you wait for about £30ish.

Get the 'torque' app on your phone, and a Bluetooth OBDII scanner and read the codes.

I took my CLK to my Indy in Northampton (Autobarn Ltd) at very short notice, plugged it in and it seems the thermostat is sticking and running a little cool, so they switched off the EML and said it's OK to drive.
The car still averaged 35mpg over the 244 miles I did today which I thought was very good on a slightly cooler running engine.
The car is booked in to have a new thermostat fitted.
Thanks for all your help who replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom