Order cancelling - Again....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richtw

Car
BMW
So I have a dilemma after reading the other thread about order cancelling!

In summary have a C43 on order since June, at the point of order the dealer matched the C2C quote. I was happy, order was placed (£1k deposit) car due end of September.

Just run the car through C2C and it has come up £2k less!!! Now what to do?

As I see it I have 2 possibilities:

1. Cancel order, retain deposit (if lucky), reorder car but will have another 12 week wait and at best will be £2k better off, worst £1k better off!

2. Speak to dealer and ask them if they can do anything further?

Any suggestions/ what would you do?

Thanks

This is why I stop comparing prices once an order is placed.

What will you do when you cancel, place a new order then find out there's yet another better deal announced?

Further to this Orangewheels gives a discount of a paltry £2k.....The C2C price may be wrong of course..... Man I hate long waits for cars!!

If the price had gone up, would you have paid the dealer more?

The price is the price on the day. As Lewyboy says, once you've done the deal just stop looking.

The problem is, if you wait until the model is being replaced it will possibly be even cheaper! BUT you have to bite the bullet at some point and commit to purchase it and in the mean time prices could increase in September so I would have the chat with the dealer and if they can offer a further incentive then great but if they cant then at least you will get your car in September and not potentially next year :D:thumb:

So I have a dilemma after reading the other thread about order cancelling!

In summary have a C43 on order since June, at the point of order the dealer matched the C2C quote. I was happy, order was placed (£1k deposit) car due end of September.

Just run the car through C2C and it has come up £2k less!!! Now what to do?

As I see it I have 2 possibilities:

1. Cancel order, retain deposit (if lucky), reorder car but will have another 12 week wait and at best will be £2k better off, worst £1k better off!

2. Speak to dealer and ask them if they can do anything further?

Any suggestions/ what would you do?

Thanks

I called the supplying dealer today and the price is valid, delivery 3rd week in October.

If I had not had such poor service from the original dealer I would not have been unsettled enough to look for a better price.

When spending nearly £50K on a car I want to be treated in the same way I treat my customers, I want to feel valued and have any questions answered straightaway and not have to wait days because they are busy.

I called the supplying dealer today and the price is valid, delivery 3rd week in October.

If I had not had such poor service from the original dealer I would not have been unsettled enough to look for a better price.

When spending nearly £50K on a car I want to be treated in the same way I treat my customers, I want to feel valued and have any questions answered straightaway and not have to wait days because they are busy.

You might benefit by looking at buying cars as a business transaction rather than an emotional one.

You might benefit by looking at buying cars as a business transaction rather than an emotional one.

Having worked in sales for over 26 years I am very capable of taking emotion out of business however if we did this with everything life would be very one sided.

For me relationship building is important, I believe that doing the right thing defines a professional.

Ultimately I took the commercial option but still believe that buying anything is partly emotional

Whilst I feel your pain, we all want to feel valued and all want our questions answered straight away but look at it another way, the salesman has got a number of people asking questions and the manufacturer doesn't only have your salesman asking questions.
So what I'm saying is they can only answer one person at a time and finding the answers takes time so we all have to wait.

Personally once committed to the deal I would not be looking elsewhere.
I did a comparison via an online website and my local dealership matched the price reluctantly.

I then stopped looking as you lose enough on new cars as it is.

Maybe mention it and look to get a free service.

Your money though so up to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well after a bit more digging there is not much in it.... few hundred pounds down on my side! No where near the 2k it looks on the screen! :)

Personally once committed to the deal I would not be looking elsewhere.
I did a comparison via an online website and my local dealership matched the price reluctantly.

I then stopped looking as you lose enough on new cars as it is.

Maybe mention it and look to get a free service.

Your money though so up to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would normally agree but the difference is £1750

Well after a bit more digging there is not much in it.... few hundred pounds down on my side! No where near the 2k it looks on the screen! :)

Out of interest why did you initially think it was £2,000. Mine was actually £1750

Whilst I feel your pain, we all want to feel valued and all want our questions answered straight away but look at it another way, the salesman has got a number of people asking questions and the manufacturer doesn't only have your salesman asking questions.
So what I'm saying is they can only answer one person at a time and finding the answers takes time so we all have to wait.

If I was asking difficult questions I would agree but I just wanted to know what the cash price for the car was. As well as other similar basic questions

Out of interest why did you initially think it was £2,000. Mine was actually £1750

The onscreen price looked like it was 2k cheaper based on the saving offered - looking at the actual price I am paying with the options vs the C2C price with the same options (some of them double up and are listed in 2 places) it comes down to a few hundred (well nearly 500 being honest) but I can live with that and my dealer has been brilliant!

Having worked in sales for over 26 years I am very capable of taking emotion out of business however if we did this with everything life would be very one sided.

For me relationship building is important, I believe that doing the right thing defines a professional.

Ultimately I took the commercial option but still believe that buying anything is partly emotional

I've been in sales 37 years and you cant build relationships with car salesmen for 2 main reasons they are a different breed to "normal" sales people and the churn in the Industry is so great they are never at one dealer long enough to build a relationship.

Cars to me are a straight financial transaction with zero emotion. I know the car I want and I know what I am prepared to pay for it. If the dealer doesnt meet those terms I wont buy it and buy something else instead. Have to say though MB sales people in the UK in general are hopeless when compared to their German counterparts who take sales professionally and believe in good customer service,

Maybe thats why I bought my last 2 cars in Germany?

The onscreen price looked like it was 2k cheaper based on the saving offered - looking at the actual price I am paying with the options vs the C2C price with the same options (some of them double up and are listed in 2 places) it comes down to a few hundred (well nearly 500 being honest) but I can live with that and my dealer has been brilliant!

Good decision and on a positive the car will be here sooner as well!!!

What options did you go for?

I've been in sales 37 years and you cant build relationships with car salesmen for 2 main reasons they are a different breed to "normal" sales people and the churn in the Industry is so great they are never at one dealer long enough to build a relationship.

Cars to me are a straight financial transaction with zero emotion. I know the car I want and I know what I am prepared to pay for it. If the dealer doesnt meet those terms I wont buy it and buy something else instead. Have to say though MB sales people in the UK in general are hopeless when compared to their German counterparts who take sales professionally and believe in good customer service,

The average frequency that the average person buys an average car is lower than the average frequency that the average car salesperson changes jobs. In other words, most of them know they will rarely see the same customer again.... there are exceptions, obviously.

...and it's a similar scenario when you are looking to buy a house.

Fair point and I suppose you normally only see them every couple of years at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom