Ordered a new E-Class with pre-requisite options missing.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philhum

Car
2013 E-Class 250 4Matic (face lift)
Hi All,

Let me explain the confusing title.

I've recently ordered a new E Class T 250 CDI 4-Matic Facelift, which should have been arriving in April, but due to issue with the new 360 cams, is now coming in June.

Anyway long story short. I recently added the Lane Tracking packet (Spur pakett here in Switzerland). Now when you do it on the configurator it automatically adds the mirror pack, which is a pre-requisite for this package.

However when my dealer updated the order on his old AS400 system, it didn't seem to flag that the mirror package was needed, so he didn't add it. Genuine mistake on his side it would seem.

My question is, at which point will they spot this mistake? (assuming in the build process which will be soon) and what will happen? As it was a dealer omission am i liable to get it added for free?, or will they contact.

Obviously the worst case scenario is that they omit the lane package all together, but then i'd reject the order anyway, then they can build me a new one.

Wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar in the past, and can give me some pearls of wisdom here.

BTW - first post here, and first time with a Merc.

I've pretty much worked my way through the premium segment already. Done BMW Coupe's in my earlier days, followed by a couple of Audi's, most recently a Q5 as a family wagon, but now with kid No.2 here; space is the priority so an E-Class it is :thumb:

I have to say, i'm really looking forward to the getting it, as it looks very fresh. I've had it specced with the AMG kit, and in Steel Grey i think it will look very nice :rock:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Phil.

Rather than relying on the factory spotting the mistake, which they might not, surely your dealer should be in contact with the factory to get the situation resolved ?

As for costs, if you have paid for the LT pack which should include the mirror pack then surely there should be no extra to pay ?

I doubt the factory would correct the error as that is a local marketing decision, not a factory one.

Rather than relying on the factory spotting the mistake, which they might not, surely your dealer should be in contact with the factory to get the situation resolved ?

As for costs, if you have paid for the LT pack which should include the mirror pack then surely there should be no extra to pay ?

That's just the thing; in CH i'm not 100% certain that the LT pack includes the mirror pack. As it states in the price list that the LT pack can only be ordered in combination with mirror. At which point on the configurator it adds the mirror pack as a separate line item.

I doubt the factory would correct the error as that is a local marketing decision, not a factory one.

True, as I guess what's included in the pack varies from country to country. So the fundamental question is; is mirror is required, and not part of the pack then what happens?

I think you should have a detailed discussion about this with the dealer.

They should be able to clarify what the position is.

I think you should have a detailed discussion about this with the dealer.

They should be able to clarify what the position is.

Yes I will do, just wondered if this has happened to anyone before.

Actually just checked the UK price list. The mirror pack is standard for you, power folding and dimming mirrors are an option here, that's the difference.

Plus looking at the new price i have (with LT) it doesn't look like i've been charged for the mirror pack......

As Ltd......sort it now before it is too late.....why leave it to chance.....you will have to pay for the car as you have specified and ''hopefully'' as delivered.......I do not think you will get a freebie.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom