Ordered a Skoda today!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
(*) If I'd see a supplier pull up in an s-class, I'd clearly think I'm paying them too much... :devil:

Or that they're really successful at what they do for their clients. And have good taste in cars.

No, I can assure you that is not what *I* would be thinking, which is what my comment was about. :D Sure, other people might think differently...

I comment on my experience of the model I drove. Just checked the price on Skoda's website, starts at £23k -the extras it had took the list price over £25k. Not good value for money, £25k buys plenty. But maybe not so bad if you can get all that for £20 - £21k.

What new automatic diesel E class can you buy for £25k that has

• Leather
  • 18" alloys
  • Heated front seats
  • SatNav
  • Sensors
  • Dual Zone Climate
  • Autowipers
  • Active Bi-xenons
Whilst I admit the Superb isn't placed in the same league as the E-class it certainly isn't in the same league as a c-class or 3 series on the basis that it actually has rear legroom. It kind of compares to the Insignia or Laguna apart from it isn't shit

What new automatic diesel E class can you buy for £25k that has

• Leather
  • 18" alloys
  • Heated front seats
  • SatNav
  • Sensors
  • Dual Zone Climate
  • Autowipers
  • Active Bi-xenons
Whilst I admit the Superb isn't placed in the same league as the E-class it certainly isn't in the same league as a c-class or 3 series on the basis that it actually has rear legroom. It kind of compares to the Insignia or Laguna apart from it isn't shit

I said nothing about buying new e-class for 25k, just that it buys a lot of cars, many nicer than a Superb, which wasn't superb.

Yep. definitely not in same league as c class or 3 series.

So if you had £25k and needed a car with lots of room inside and it needed to be diesel auto, what would you buy?

So if you had £25k and needed a car with lots of room inside and it needed to be diesel auto, what would you buy?

If it had to be a new car then the Superb would be on my list :)

I'd also consider 2/3 year old cars that would have been >£40k new, like the Audi A8, BMW 5, Jag XJ, Merc E-class.

Hey - if we all had the same tastes in cars then there would only be one manufacturer still producing cars...

"Variety is the spice of life"....:D:D:D

If it had to be a new car then the Superb would be on my list :)

I'd also consider 2/3 year old cars that would have been >£40k new, like the Audi A8, BMW 5, Jag XJ, Merc E-class.

Agreed, I just don't see the point of buying brand new anymore for private buyers.

I agree as well, if I had £25k to spend I probably wouldn't bother buying brand new since I don't really have a thing about new cars. I've had plenty of new demo cars so the thrill wears off. I'd probably get an 07/07 Audi A8 3.0TDi or a 56 plate W221 S320 for a little more.

But I don't have £25k so it's all nonsense!

Skoda Superb. Shares a family resemblance with a car at the other end of the VAG group catalogue.

superb-bentley.gif

I would normally agree with the buying new thing but conditions are a little different nowadays whilst i could afford to spend £40k on a car with the Skoda there is no need to it ticks all the boxes and more for £25k, plus i keep my cars a long time , kept the E class 7 years and 7 months and i keep my cars in tip top shape during that time

But the W210 sold last Saturday and this arrived yesterday

I think i will miss the smooth 6 cyl engine of the Merc but i reckon thats it this Skoda drives better than my W210 ever did it glides over the poorest road surfaces guess thats technology as much as anything. Loads more room in the cabin than the E class but doesnt feel like a big car on the road

P1010244.jpg

P1010238.jpg

P1010254.jpg

P1010253.jpg

P1010248.jpg

P1010250.jpg

P1010255.jpg

maddog, looks like a really nice car you have there, nice leather, nice looking spec + materials.

I hope it serves you well.

I like the wheels and the way the boot works and the front seats look comfy.

How is it going back to changing gears?

It will be harder to keep clean than your previous car :)

Hope you enjoy it after the honeymoon period :) :)

Keep us posted

i love the way the boot opens, the boot on the passat is more or less the same size (HUGE for a saloon) but its not as useable as you only get a little gap to get the stuff into the boot, but the way the skoda boot opens is just awesome. Love it, i would buy this car just for that reason.

AWESOME buy, i wish you years of trouble free motoring with that.

I like the wheels and the way the boot works and the front seats look comfy.

How is it going back to changing gears?

It will be harder to keep clean than your previous car :)

Hope you enjoy it after the honeymoon period :) :)

Keep us posted

I might have optioned the DSG on that car, it would suit it more IMHO

I already drive two manuals often so havent lost the touch :):)

DSG on the petrol 1.8 or 3.6 versions perhaps , i prefer the the diesel with the 6 speed manual , which is a lovely gearbox btw , best i have ever driven

Looks great. The interior especially has an elegant simplicity to it.

I saw a black on on the road the other night, and on the road it has heaps of presence.

Well 6 weeks in and the car is averaging 45.4mpg since i bought it which includes a little running in and a lot of idling , but even on short trips on the motorway its doing 50mpg+ best of 52mpg so far , i'm stunned by that as the car feels as quick as the E Class but thanks to the 6 speed is only doing 2000rpm at 75mph

Of course like the E Class the computer is a little out around 3mpg

Plus nothing has fallen off yet ;)

Only problem so far has been the alarm going off twice for no reason , dealer checked it and found no fault and it hasnt happened since so it may have been an errant insect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom