Ordered a Skoda today!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have had my C Class W204 for 9 months. It has averaged almost 42mpg so far. A few ratttles that have been dealt with by the dealer. Tyre wear looks horrendous especially the rears - may last 18000 miles (quality Bridgestones). I jus hope the qaulity of this car is as good as a Skoda!!
We also own a Skoda Fabia Estate. This car has had no faults since new (2003), drives well with an awesome miserly fuel consumption. Dealers are good also.

Sorry for the Hijack but which dealer do you use? I also live in Suffolk (nr Sudbury) Cheers!

Like the new Superb Estate......

Tyre wear looks horrendous especially the rears - may last 18000 miles (quality Bridgestones).

That's the same as the Bridgestone's on my W203 C270CDi lasted on the rear and I only use it for long steady journeys. Michelin Primacy HP replacements are close to needing changing and they've done 22K.

I don't think 18k on rears is horrendous.....I've had worse...

Bump

I just had to re-tax it today (£155) so thats around 1 year of ownership , not troublefree as there was a slight issue with the alarm , two minor recalls and the accident but car is still a joy to drive and seems to be ageing well

I have been logging the mpg since purchase and the car has over the year averaged 41.7mpg based on fill to fill , best was 46mpg when we did a lot of motorway work in France and worse was 37.5mpg during the snow when there was a lot of traffic

I recently joined a BMW forum :ban:as i too have defected...and there has been several members jumping ship and buying these VRs...they all rave about them..especially the customer care...:D

Put the car on the dyno at the weekend , my mate has access to one and i had spent the morning working on his car so just out of interest and in an effort to compare the common rail engine to the earlier PD engine that i had run up on their dyno some time previously

Result was a stonking 200.0hp @ 4276 rpm and 268ft lbs which is very similar to the 198.9hp my PD engine produces although the torque is better on the pd (283.6ft lbs) and it makes more power earlier

Both these engines are meant to produce around 170hp from the factory but consistantly produce more in dyno tests

Glad to hear you are getting on well with the car.

I have a soft spot for them, like a nice big car.

Only thing that stops me going and getting one is the car is FWD and a RWD car, even when not hooning it, has a nice feel about it. Its a shame, a RWD superb with a 3 litre V6 TDi Audi engine would take the fight to the big boys, and a few old names may get bloody noses.

They do a 4x4 one as well both in diesel and the petrol 3.6 l monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom