Ordering PC Polisher builds worldwide relations!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Busker

I think this is amazing (please forgive me - I'm kinda excited). Some of you will remember that at the Kettering GTG earlier in the year Goldfish11 used my car to demonstrate his PC polisher.

I like a number of you were kinda smitten but I'd not done anything about it until now. I've been waiting for the dollar/pound rate to be more favorable and due to the potential change in the Whitehouse I decided to act. I've spoken with Goldfish11 and done some research on Autopia.org and decided what PC package to go for.

So I ordered it today. However due to me getting my details slightly wrong on the Autopia site it rejected my VISA details. Trying a different credit card I realised that the websites' input fields didn't quite match the details on my cards. Altering my input to match my 'billing' details the order was placed on my second card.

So I'm placing the order from grey Norfolk onto an American website - the whole process took about five minutes. Literally one minute after I'd place the order on my second card my phone rings. Pregnant pause (aha I know what's going on) Indian lady introduces herself from the HSBC anti fraud centre (in India). She wants to check that the transaction that I had tried to complete was in fact genuine.

I'm gobsmacked!! Ordering a polisher for my Merc, causes transactions & interactions in three continents. :cool:

Small world ain't it. Sorry.

Busker said:
So I'm placing the order from grey Norfolk onto an American website - the whole process took about five minutes. Literally one minute after I'd place the order on my second card my phone rings. Pregnant pause (aha I know what's going on) Indian lady introduces herself from the HSBC anti fraud centre (in India). She wants to check that the transaction that I had tried to complete was in fact genuine.

That sounds familiar , only checking into a hotel in boston , mobile rings .... :)

i had my credit card (amex) blocked as i tried to pay for a hotel in egypt... no call, nothing - just a 'sorry sir' about the card.. :mad:

PC polisher

Just placed order for PC polisher, not a bad price, total including shipping was £139 including free pads!!. Good exchange rate so make the most of it.

No all I need is for it to stop raining....

fuzzer said:
That sounds familiar , only checking into a hotel in boston , mobile rings .... :)

Thats nice - Barclays would just refuse the bloody transaction so that you call THEM!!!! :mad:

I wish somebody at the bank had decided to give me a call before some muppet managed to spend £2,900 on a load of bloody books from a student bookstore in Gothenborg using my wifes cloned card.:mad:

frog1520 said:
Thats nice - Barclays would just refuse the bloody transaction so that you call THEM!!!! :mad:

Yep that happened to me with Barclays trying to buy petrol in Italy, it just refused the card, and the card wouldn't work again that holiday.

When I got home I had a letter from Barclays saying please call them!

...yes Barclays can be a real pain abroad. However, calling Barclaycard and discussing, they told me that if you call them (Barclaycard) in advance, they can put a country marker against your card so that it won't get caught by their fraud software. This does mean that any transactions in that country would be processed automatically, unless another trigger was activated - such as transaction size or card limit. Don't forget to have the trigger removed when you get back! My problem was taking out £1.5k cash from a bank in middle of Russia! How many cards and attempts were made before the transactions went through. It seems cards with the embedded processor work better (at least for me!).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom