Ordering via a Broker - The Process

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Somsuay

Car
Renault Megane
Hi There

I just order a C63 coupe via a broker. However, I was slightly perturbed about the lack of clarity regarding timescales and accountability. Could you help me clarify some concerns?

1. Following signature and £1k deposit with broker. Is my agreement with broker now?
  2. Do I have a relationship with the dealer?
  3. The suggest delivery slot was early-August (July build slot). Should I receive a verbal/paper confirmation from the dealer, OR the broker?
  4. When is the order actually placed? When I pay deposit or towards the build slot allocated? I don't get it.
  5. Up to what point can options no longer change?
This could just be how brokers work and therefore nothing. It would just be nice to know that my car is definitely coming!

Hi congrats and welcome would it not be a good idea to ask your broker the above questions ?

Hello Somsuay, welcome to the forum. Nice choice of car.

Agree with the Don however:

I ordered from a Contract Hire Company and was telephoned every week on progress of the order even if there was none!

I never paid a deposit but did sign an agreement. The deposit was eventually taken a week after I had delivery of the car, that was weird driving a car I hadn't paid a penny for!!!

The dealer contacted me after delivery to ask if I wanted further options such as a service plan, other than that nothing. I waited 6 weeks for mine and on order I could change the spec if I wanted.

The rest I don't know, if you are buying the car then things are more than likely different as mine is a contract hire for 24 months.

Good Luck

Mark

Father in Law ordered through Drive the Deal, once the order was made with DTD, the deposit was paid to the supplying dealer and every contact after that was with the supplying dealer.

I can't help specifically regarding each of your questions, but I can offer my early experience of the order process so far via the MB dealer directly.

I have been in discussion with the dealer for the last week and he indicated that he has a build slot available at the moment for July build with first week of August as a delivery date. This matches what you have been told by the broker. He also said that I could wait a few weeks longer to get it registered on the new plate in September.

I paid a deposit today to book the build slot as mine.

I believe there is a date after which I cannot change my mind regarding options. I think this is only a couple of weeks away though for the July build. I gave him my spec today but if I change my mind there is still a little time to alter things.

As suggested above though, probably best to contact your broker.

Cheers.

Hi somsuay and welcome
great choice of car !

Thanks for the prompt responses:) I don't think I turned my email notification on so didn't realise there were new posts:doh:

Hello Somsuay, welcome to the forum. Nice choice of car.

Agree with the Don however:

I ordered from a Contract Hire Company and was telephoned every week on progress of the order even if there was none!

I never paid a deposit but did sign an agreement. The deposit was eventually taken a week after I had delivery of the car, that was weird driving a car I hadn't paid a penny for!!!

The dealer contacted me after delivery to ask if I wanted further options such as a service plan, other than that nothing. I waited 6 weeks for mine and on order I could change the spec if I wanted.

The rest I don't know, if you are buying the car then things are more than likely different as mine is a contract hire for 24 months.

Good Luck

Mark

Mark - Your experience suggests I'm going through the same thing. Thanks for the peace of mind! Especially:

"I ordered from a Contract Hire Company and was telephoned every week on progress of the order even if there was none!"

My broker is doing exactly the same thing but how long after you agreed the contract with the broker did he place the order?

I'm getting the car on contract hire because the "new car value"/performance ratio is totally insane. I saw the 640d, 530GT, M3 deals but myself and the missus aren't too keen on BMWs.

I have been in discussion with the dealer for the last week and he indicated that he has a build slot available at the moment for July build with first week of August as a delivery date. This matches what you have been told by the broker. He also said that I could wait a few weeks longer to get it registered on the new plate in September.

I'm not sure what to do here...

It's a contract hire, so the new reg on this car is rendered more or less superficial. Don't you think? If the car arrives early August, it'll just be sitting at the dealership for at least a fortnight. That sounds like a travesty!

On the other hand, it's a shiny new 62 plate....um...is that the only benefit?

Another option is that we could pick it up from Germany, is that feasible? I know nothing about this.

With regards to the options I tried to keep it simple because they basically took the value of the option and spread it over the contract length. i.e. £1000 option increased the monthly payments on a 36 month contract by £24 (6x deposit makes £1000 divisible by 42 instead).

Therefore, I chose only two options, Diamond White and the interior light pack.

Do you think it's worth getting the 19inch wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom