Origin b2......alternative!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
I'm sick of these people their product and their "service". When they work they are good, but I've given up. I have three, all of which have problems, they mostly (sometimes) work after a fashion, but with problems when they do.

That said, when they worked they were excellent, so what I'm looking for is something that does the same job but doesn't inexplicably lose pixels, doesn't jump out of the cradle and locks on to sats within a reasonable time.

Any ideas folks?

I have one of these in my car......the NOVUS ALPHA one....first picture on left of three....

http://www.novusgps.com/

Link to review....

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/novusalpha.htm

It works very well the only issue I have is that it speaks to long and too loud when you approach a camera etc.

It is very easy and simple to use with the remote control, I had bit of trouble updating but there is some problem with the firmware that the company is sorting out anyway I got it to work and the database is free so I cant complain, I also run it alongside my b2 unit and it picks up the same cameras and more as I have not updated the b2 (end of subs 4 months ago).

See the review... I am in no way associated with this company....

Like you I have a b2 and unlike you I do prefer my b2 but I can't bring myself to pay the £50 plus £35 to re set up my account so I bought this as the database is free.... for now!!...

The alpha unit looks good got a colour screen is quite small but long(deep), It has a magnetic mount so easily loxcated on the dash, the b2 is a bit old hat and is now replaced by the pogo (very pricey) can jump its cradle, needs a lot of wiring in.

I wired my alpha into a seperate power supply so I dont get trailing wires, in fact I'll post some pics.....

M.

Pics....

NovusAlpha004.jpg
[/IMG]

NovusAlpha005.jpg
[/IMG]

I have had Origin b2 hard wired to the C43 and the W220 which was transferred to the W221 over a number of years, i have not had one problem with them.

How does it look and function compared to the b2?

When I say "Connected", I describe the product. That is, Angel Professional Connected. There are different "Angels" available, but the "Connected " version updates wirelessly which I think is very useful.
Will be connected, soon I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom