Origin B2 placement in a 129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
Has anyone got a B2 in their 129? I ask because I have one placed below the steering wheel on the left and I want to fit one to the other car somewhere where I can see it better. Any ideas?

Thanks folks

Has anyone got a B2 in their 129? I ask because I have one placed below the steering wheel on the left and I want to fit one to the other car somewhere where I can see it better. Any ideas?

Thanks folks
For my 129.

I made up a plastic flat panel about 4 x 3 inches and slid it down the gap at the top in the glasses (specs) holder, I made it by sliding the plastic panel down through the gap at the top, so that it slid to the bottom, marked a line at the top, and bent it so the the unit could be viewed and screwed the mounting bracket to the panel.
I had a hard wired power supply and the cable came out through a hole in the glasses compartment.

When parked I could just unclip it and pop it in the compartment

My photos were last when my computer crashed

For my 129.

I made up a plastic flat panel about 4 x 3 inches and slid it down the gap at the top in the glasses (specs) holder, I made it by sliding the plastic panel down through the gap at the top, so that it slid to the bottom, marked a line at the top, and bent it so the the unit could be viewed and screwed the mounting bracket to the panel.
I had a hard wired power supply and the cable came out through a hole in the glasses compartment.

When parked I could just unclip it and pop it in the compartment

My photos were last when my computer crashed

Thanks for that...I had wondered about placing it there....that said I'm having difficulty visualising your installation...know any good data recovry people ?:D

Thanks for that...I had wondered about placing it there....that said I'm having difficulty visualising your installation...know any good data recovry people ?:D

I will have a look in the morning to see if I still have the mounting plate, I could draw it from memory

will it not fit in the ash tray compartment .....thats where mine is on the 210 e class ....close the lid and its not on view but i can here it when its warning don't know if yours is different ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom