Orthopaedic Seat Pump Fuse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k.dawson1

Car
2016 C Class Sport Premium Plus
Hi all,

I have a 2006 CLK with Orthopaedic Seats, which do not work, I presume because I cannot hear any pump working hidden away somewhere that this problem is not a lose air pipe issue.

I understand the pump is located in the rear boot somewhere, but would like to know where the fuse is located for the pump (clutching at straws hear I know) but you never know it might just be that simple.

If it transpires that the pump is the cause could anyone tell me of a reliable spares/scrap dealer who may be able to supply me with a working second hand pump?

Thanks in advance for any help here.

If it's the same as a 2000 Clk it's the same pump which does central locking etc, and the pumps needs to be enabled for the seats as not all cars have them. Mine didn't work after having a s/h pump fitted even though the part numbers are the same, it presumably needs coding with a Star scanner. Has yours had a pump change?

Hi Spike,

Only had the car two weeks, the service history is a little vague to say the least, my only consolation is that all the MOT certs for the last five years came with the car detailing the mileage so I think the mileage is hopefully genuine.

But no other service history at all, I can see someone has tried to do something with this because the fittings under the passenger seat have been tampered with, but other than that clue I have no other info on what has been done or not.

Do you think an indi may help?

I'm sure an indi will be able to help. The pump on mine is inside a foam sandwich behind the trim near the driverside boot hinge inside the boot. It has fuses under the boot carpet that may be relevant, others are located under the bonnet and the drivers side dash end. As I said they need to be enabled for the seats, it may be that easy.

Did you have any luck with finding out what the problem was? currently in the same situation here...

Just sorted the orthopaedic seat not working problem on my 2009 CLK. The pump is in the boot under the fuse box,it has two foam cushions round it. The pump motor needed stripping and cleaning,a bit fiddly to do but half an hour and it was back in and working. Just got the lazy seat belt retract to sort out now.

Try some silicon spray on the belt. That seems to work in most cases.

Hi all,

I have a 2006 CLK with Orthopaedic Seats, which do not work, I presume because I cannot hear any pump working hidden away somewhere that this problem is not a lose air pipe issue.

I understand the pump is located in the rear boot somewhere, but would like to know where the fuse is located for the pump (clutching at straws hear I know) but you never know it might just be that simple.

If it transpires that the pump is the cause could anyone tell me of a reliable spares/scrap dealer who may be able to supply me with a working second hand pump?

Thanks in advance for any help here.
Hey my pump only works when I start the car. Maybe 20-30 seconds. Have you checked after you start the car

Hey my pump only works when I start the car. Maybe 20-30 seconds. Have you checked after you start the car
The pump is located in the left hand corner of the boot near the SAM unit, it will be inside a block of grey foam. Most common problem is carbon burn on the comutator, easy enough to fix once you have the pump motor out. There is a thread on here that will guide you on how to do it.

The pump is located in the left hand corner of the boot near the SAM unit, it will be inside a block of grey foam. Most common problem is carbon burn on the comutator, easy enough to fix once you have the pump motor out. There is a thread on here that will guide you on how to do it.
No this is how it's made it's not a problem just how it's supposed to work. Only works for a short time pump works when you start the car only. As it's supposed to

My experiences of pumps like this comes from my CL 500 (C215) that used a pump for the central locking and for the lumbar support adjustments of the seats. The central locking worked but the seat adjustment did not. The reason was a broken Y-joint underneath the seats (50 kg a piece and a PITA to get out of the passenger compartment...). The pump only runs for a few seconds after which it will time out in order to protect it from being overheated. Every time I tried to adjust the lumbar support, I could hear the pump working for a few seconds but nothing happened.

If planning for taking out the seats, it is necessary to disconnect the battery and wait at least 30 minutes if there are AirBags in the seats. Not so much for risk of igniting the AirBags but removing the seats means breaking the SRS connections which, if the cars ignition is turned on will result in a DTC that must be cleared using a diagnostic tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom