Orthopedic seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Following on from the thread below about backache from the seats in a W210, can anybody give a comparison of the benefits of the orthopedic seats against the standard ones.

Cheers,

My current W210 has standard seats. Fortunately, despite having a troublesome back, I've never suffered on long journeys in this car.

However, my previous W210 did have orthopaedic seats and I found them more comfortable and supportive.

HTH, David

Thanks for that David, must try to find some to have a sit in!!

Reason I asked is that sometimes suffer from a recurring back problem, and if people who have had back problems recommended the orthopedic seats I may look to do a swap (If I could source one in black leather that is!)

BenzComander said:
Following on from the thread below about backache from the seats in a W210, can anybody give a comparison of the benefits of the orthopedic seats against the standard ones.

Cheers,

Be sure to consider evaluation of your back in the first place. Often there can be alignment problems and sublaxation of the back which no seat can fix.

However having sat in standard seats, sports seats and full optioned seats, plus ones with pulse massage.

I can assure you that if I buy a new car I will order it with the most expensive seats I can find on the price list. There is a world of difference.

Cheers Miro!!

Back to the future

Maybe I have just got a sublaxated back which is sensitive to hard seats!

Hilton said:
Maybe I have just got a sublaxated back which is sensitive to hard seats!

As a seat is rather inert (especially the hard seats) then you would think being well supported would make your body feel relaxed rather than pain. (I dont want to bore you with the archaic history of the chair).

Get it looked at and find out if your back muscles are strong or weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom