oscar pistorius does anyone trust him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Occams razor- says he intentionally killed her. In terms of fair trial I contrast the quiet dignity of Reeva Steenkamp's parents and the often hysterical behaviour of Pestorious as the trial goes on.
Of course the defence will argue he won't get a fair trial but so far I have seen no evidence of a "lynch mob activity" in a step by step examination of the facts imperfect as that inevitably is in any case such as this. Any attempt to cloud the issue by introducing emotion into the proceedings has mainly come from Pestorious and his council. Perhaps what has emerged more than anything is the narcissism of Pestorious' character which I feel may well count against him come judgement day. :dk: Narcissistic personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Last edited:
The defence teams attempt to suppress the video of him using zombie stoppers :mad:
The judge allowed it to be shown, good for her.
The whole circus reminds me of the O J Simpson farce, and that bar steward walked

And the other side at the moment ;)

There are no juries at trials in South Africa, and his fate will ultimately be decided by the judge, assisted by two assessors

There are no juries at trials in South Africa, and his fate will ultimately be decided by the judge, assisted by two assessors

risk of there not being a fair trail is therefore small, if not minimal

At least there wont be 12 numpties in the jury room.
My money is life with a minimum 30 years.

So ... how about Shrien Dewani then (also on trial in SA)??

Does he have winter leg thingies for running between October & April or when he's in colder climes?

I'm surprised no-one has said he hasn't got a leg to stand on...

He is guilty of killing her, that is fact. What they are trying to decide, is if it was murder or manslaughter. I am not aware of South African sentencing as to what he would get is found not guilty of murder but obviously guilty of manslaughter or visa versa. From the evidence so far, I would find him guilty of murder, but that's just me :D

I suspect it boils down to whether he was trying to batter down the door of the locked bathroom with a cricket bat before or after the shooting.

The before version seems to make most sense to me but you cant convict on a hunch, only evidence.

Last edited:
risk of there not being a fair trail is therefore small, if not minimal

Why?

Even a professional judge can be influenced by extreme media frenzy and the ensuing overwhelming public opinion.

Witnesses might be influenced in the way they give evidence.

A courthouse is not a bubble protected from the outer world.

You would assume that people can resist reasonable pressures, but not what amounts to mass hysteria in this case (24x7 live coverage, ridiculous use of irrelevant images of Pistorius shooting watermelons, etc...)

ridiculous use of irrelevant images of Pistorius shooting watermelons, etc.

Hardly irrelevant, he was asked if he knew what zombie stoppers were, he indicated that he didn't. The prosecution then said they had a video to show the court. The defence objected, there was a recess, much gnashing of teeth etc, the judge said the video was admissible.
Lo and behold, there is Pistolorius (sic) blasting water melons, and what was on the audio, the words zombie stopper.
He is a trigger happy short tempered idiot, he has had guns all his life, and he says he doesn't know what a zombie stopper is, yeah right. He even fired a gun in a crowded restaurant and claimed it wasn't his fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom