oscar pistorius does anyone trust him?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh well, I got that wrong He's got 5 years.

Peter Barlow will get longer and he did not do it LOL

Eligible for parole after 10 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Reeva Steenkamp on the other hand received a life sentence.:eek:

five seems light

I suppose unloading through a toilet door is similar to causing death by dangerous driving.

err not.

This has the feel of him being given a custodial sentence yet being out in time to compete in the 2016 Olymics/Paralympics.

Disgraceful cop-out sentence.

Stuart

Wow, that's ridiculous, He's already literally got away with murder. I feel so sorry for Reeva's family, they got a life sentence!

Last edited:
Surreal interview with Oscar Pistorious Uncle. Arrogant, unfeeling, even attacked the legitimacy of the prosecution, how terrible its all been, what an ordeal for Oscar he'll be out in 10 months etc etc pass me the sick bag! Oh and they won't be appealing the verdict-too right! -- I just hope the prosecution does. One is left with the uneasy feeling that if this had been a black man who had beaten his common law wife to death in some township the trial might have had an entirely different complexion.

So wrong,lets hope the inmates will make up for the injustice.

grober;1997673 One is left with the uneasy feeling that if this had been a black man who had beaten his common law wife to death in some township the trial might have had an entirely different complexion.[/QUOTE said:
You, me and many more are thinking the same, you can be sure of that. My view is, if any Joe Soap, regardless of colour carried out the exact same crime the sentence would be far more severe. I still think the guy is certifiably nuts.

Lets hope he has the misfortune of dropping the soap in the showers...:devil:

Apparently he will remain in a single occupancy room in the hospital section of the jail. ( for his own protection ?)

You, me and many more are thinking the same, you can be sure of that. My view is, if any Joe Soap, regardless of colour carried out the exact same crime the sentence would be far more severe. I still think the guy is certifiably nuts.

And if the judge had been white and male and handed down the same sentence? I shudder to think of the reaction.

Do you think a fellow inmate would stoop so low?

Maybe they won't have to, if he gets in the shower without his false legs he'll be at a very unusual and dangerous (for him at least), height!

I am finding the machinations of SA legal system increasingly baffling

I think it demonstrates that the money to buy a defence does make a difference. It shouldn't but it does.

In the UK we have the rich and famous managing to argue their way out of driving offences, situations like the Guinness trial and Saunders being let out of prison early. In the US they had the OJ trial. In Italy there was the Kercher case. South Africa has these two examples.

Last edited:
I think it demonstrates that the money to buy a defence does make a difference. It shouldn't but it does.

In the UK we have the rich and famous managing to argue their way out of driving offences, situations like the Guinness trial and Saunders being let out of prison early. In the US they had the OJ trial. In Italy there was the Kercher case. South Africa has these two examples.

This is also true for medical care... among other things.

This is also true for medical care... among other things.

... and money can buy bigger safer cars.

But you are not subverting the system by buying better services or goods.

OTOH

It seems that a supposedly impartial judicial system can be influenced by money via technicalities, lobbying, procedure, and just sheer attrition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom