OSRAM COOL BLUE Bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Bought a set off eBay as one of my Philips extreme vision bulbs had popped.

According to AutoExpress they are the best of the white/blue Xenon wannabes, yet after 2 nights of use the beam looks exactly the same as the standard non-coloured Philips bulbs!

I have checked the bases of the bulbs to check they are geniune + checked the seal on the box and they are indeed geniune.

Anyone else have them fitted?

Last edited:
Having tried and tested many different bulbs both Osram and Philips in the past the Osram Night Breakers seem to give the best light output however I came accross these bulbs and wow they really are nice:

Stock Philips Bulb
DSC00950.jpg

Mtec 4350k Bulb
DSC00959.jpg

Difference
DSC00954.jpg

I think there the closest one can get to real Xenons in terms of light colour only other option would be a HID kit but those give a horrible beam pattern in most cases. They still run on 55W so are safe for the car too.

Last edited:
Nice one! Did you get them from eBay as they all appear to be from Canada?

they look nice and white, but do they actually throw more light on the road?

Bulb Type: H7
Sold As: Twin Pack [Pair]
Wattage [draw]: 55w
Wattage [output]: 100w
Color: White
Color Temp: 4350K
Warranty:
1 year

I thought 100w bulbs were illegal for road use in the UK? I'm also baffled by the fact 55w draw but 100w output can anyone explain?

I think what they mean by that is that they give brighter light equivilant of 100w like you get the 50% brighter etc bulbs from Philips, Osram & etc as long as they draw 55W thats safe. These are the ones which actually draw 100W:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MTEC-H7-12v-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item56363ed630

It also states in that link:

Please note: 100w bulbs are sold for 'off road' & 'Show Purposes' only

Last edited:
Fitted them today, very impressive! The light output isnt as good as my previous bulbs but around the same as an unbranded bulb. Looking at the car, the yellowness of the Wedge bulb ruins the Xenon look. so I have ordered a set of THESE
Hopefully they will look the same as the H7s and not cheap n barry purple.

I am going to report your reply to this thread for posting an offensive image.

(;)joke)

Last edited:
why didnt i check this thread earlier, lol i ordered a set of 55w bulbs yesterday from ebay i wanted these though :( oh well they'll pop soon :D

K

The MTECH W5W side wedge bulbs arrived today (£3.99 off eBay) and I wasnt expecting much, a dodgy purple beam, but instead they match the H7s perfectly.

IMO they are a must if you have bought the H7s as the colour is perfectly matched rather than having a dodgy yellow/blue beam.

Very happy now, my car looks like it has Xenons (aftermarket) without the dodgy beam patterns.
Only downside is the light output isnt the greatest after having Philips Vision Plus's fitted.

I will post pictures over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom