Osram Night breakers for W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martin grimmer

Car
C Class Coupe 2004 facelift
I am thinking about changing my headlight bulbs in my W203 coupe its the facelift model 2004, can anyone tell me what the part number is i need to replace the bulbs with the Osram night breakers, they seem to be very popular H1,H2,H3 H4, H5,H7, lots of models can anoyne help.
also how easy is it to change them or do you i need to take them to a garage?

Thanks

Martin

The fitment for the W203 headlamps is H7, Those bulbs are a very good upgrade and may I suggest getting a matching H4 pair for the fog lamps too.

The fitment for the W203 headlamps is H7, Those bulbs are a very good upgrade and may I suggest getting a matching H4 pair for the fog lamps too.

H4 bulbs in a fog light, they are 3 pin twin filament are you sure they are right.

how easy is it to replace them, is it a job for the novice or do they require expert installation?

regards

Martin

Bulb replacement will be covered in your handbook - have a look there.

If you need to know which lamps to fit in your vehicle go to the following link.
http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulb_finder.asp

I bought the Philips X-treme Power for my W203, which came with matching sidelights. As the sidelights are on at the same time as the headlights I thought this more important than the fogs, but if you use them all the time then maybe you should change the full set.

PS, I like the Philips lamps.

If you need to know which lamps to fit in your vehicle go to the following link.
http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulb_finder.asp

I bought the Philips X-treme Power for my W203, which came with matching sidelights. As the sidelights are on at the same time as the headlights I thought this more important than the fogs, but if you use them all the time then maybe you should change the full set.

PS, I like the Philips lamps.

PPS, The fogs are H1.

PPPS, Fitting dipped beam and side lights in my W203 was very straight forward. Took about 20 minutes in total, and I'm not that quick!

I believe the front fogs are H1...on a W210, anyway.

I have a question.

I have been reading the two threads about Osram Nightbreakers and the Philips Xtreme lamps.

I have Xenon main headlights but 'earwax yellow' beam and fog lamps.

I want to bring the beam and fog light colour temperature closer to the main Xenon lights but don't want to go OTT boy racer blue...just white.

Which of the two (Osram, Philips) are the closest colour match?

Did anyone have the same light combination that I currently have and have swapped.

If so, are they a fair colour match to Xenons?

Thanks.

The Osram Nightbreakers would probably come closer to xenons as they have a 10% more whiter light.

They and the Philips ones seem very expensive.

Both lamps have people on here either raving or saying they are over-rated.

I don't mind spending the dough if I get a decent match.

My PayPal account is flush so I think I'll take the plunge.

Thanks.

I chose the Philips X-Treme based on the Auto Express test in November:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/212937/make_light_of_winter.html

You can get them cheaper on eBay (I did).

I've not seen an objective (measured) test of the Osram Night Breakers yet. Judging subjectively is impossible (example - the HID conversions that are much brighter straight in front of the car but actually have less range than standard bulbs).

Good link, thanks.

I was a bit concerned to read that they'd done the tests at Philips own test facility and that, surprise surprise, Philips got the best reviews.

I will give the X-tremes a try and keep the forum posted.

Osram Silver Star won last time ... believe they used the same test facility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom