Osram Silver stars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Just by way of an update, I fitted silver stars in my headlights and main beam about two years ago. I chose them as Autoexpress said they were excellent. At the same time I fitted piaa extremes but only in the side lights. I also fitted silver indicators.

Yesterday one of my headlights blew and left me one eyed! So I changed it for a spare normal, you can still see the difference between a normal and xenon charged bulb so I am going to replace the pair with Bosch Powerwhite head lamp bulbs and side lights.

I'm not sure if two years is very long for a bulb to last?

Incidently the PIAA sidelights I've got are too blue so it will be nice to change them for power whites as well!

BTW changing the drivers side bulbs behind the airbox is a so and so of a job!

The reviews seemed OK. The price was good, bosch is a good name, and nobody else, to my knowledge, had tried them!

I use Silverstars and find them superb-Let me know how the Bosch one compare?

Do these bosch bulbs give the most xenon like light? I'm missing my Xenons :-(

Not advertising, but I do a full range of "proper" HID kits.... and a full aftersales service too.... here's a pic of my Galaxy, with one normal H7 lamp and one of my 8k HID's, I do the full range and prices start from £249 inc vat....

DSC03214.jpg

Mike

Your HID kit is an order of magnitude more expensive than the kind of bulbs being talked about here. And the bulbs *do* make a difference (just look at my avatar, to the left of this text).

-simon

well the bosch ones have arrived and look cool they have a sort of light gold sheen about them . We try and fit later and report back!

just fitted the four bosch bulbs. It looks good in the day light so should look very good at night!

R2D2 said:
just fitted the four bosch bulbs. It looks good in the day light so should look very good at night!

Are these Xenon filled bulbs?

"Bosch Power White Xenon Bulb

Bosch Power White Bulbs With FREE Sidelight Bulbs

Bosch's Power White are favoured by rally enthusiasts because of their brilliant white light, this gives a major advantage should any dangerous situations arise as well as making the car stand out from the crowd. These Bosch Super White bulbs are fuelled by advanced design and backed by the prestigious Bosch brand with its longstanding commitment to xenon bulb innovation.

........Standard Bulb......................Bosch power White Bulb

Bosch Power Whites provide drivers with an unparalleled level of illumination and meets all FMVSS 108 and CMVSS 108 requirements.

Best of all, these bulbs are road legal and can easily be interchanged with existing headlight bulbs.

Rally Light - Bosch Power White Bulbs are favored by rally enthusiasts bacause of their brilliant white light.
Brightest Light - Bosch Power White Bulbs shine with a luminance greater than most other xenon performance bulbs.
Sharpest Light - The profile of the Bosh Power White profile, its silver tip, and amethyst blue coating create a dramatic, high-end, crisp, clean look.
Matching Light - All Bosch Bulbs come with FREE Bosch matching Sidelight bulbs.
Buy Now from 1stAutoBulbs:

H1 £ 18.70 (per pair)
H4 £ 21.40 (per pair)
H7 £ 25.53 (per pair)"

"Power White Gold Bulbs

Features
Up To 50% Brighter Than Standard Halogen Bulbs, drastically inproves visibility
Bright, Goldish White look
High-Pressure Xenon Gas Charged

This globe will give the super white light racer look!!!"

HTH:)

I also went for Silverstars because of the Auto Express group test. Don't know whether that included the Bosch bulbs though?

I dont think power whites were out then. I was very pleased with my silverstars, so pleased I couldnt see the point of xenons, other than for posing sake as I actually think my lights are a bit bright sometimes! I'll go for a drive tonight and we'll see what these power whites are like!

Could you please post some pics of them in the dark m8?

just to recap for the slow of learning here....

... you don't need to go to an HID Kit - but can just throw the bulbs in as normal?

I am about to pick up - well in 6 weeks - a W140 S500 Coupe - can i fit these wonder bulbs into it without having to go for the full HID Kit?

Looking forward to pics of the new lights G :cool: :rock:

Yup they are straight replacements for the standard bulbs, same wattage too.

GregE240 said:
Bill, is it an H4 fitting in the 129? Need to upgrade my bulbs at some point.

Yup H4s for the R129. There's a great lookup tool on the Osram website:

http://www.osram.com/am_application/index.php

I got mine from PowerBulbs ... would highly recommend them:

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/

BTW on the website they mention a new 2005 Auto Express bulb test, which gives the top spot to Philips Vision Plus this time (narrowly beating the Silverstar). Bosch not mentioned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom