OSX Lion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
I see that this is now available. Has anyone downloaded it? Is it worth it?

I was on the site this AM and was after buying a Mac Book white.

Then it went off for upgrades to site...

Got back now and the New OS is out and no mention on Mac Books...

Looks like either a Mac Book Pro or Mac Air :)

Amazon etc are often a bit cheaper than apple ( bizarre I know)

Think they now come with Lion. Thought I saw a new Air is out today.

John lewis for macs, you get 2 years warranty as opposed to apples 1

^ Sorry I buy through the education site...

It will beat any John Lewis / Similar and 3 year warranty.

:)

Its for work though not for me

And yes im currently downloading it now, its a 3.5gb size so its taking a few hours..

crockers said:
Think they now come with Lion. Thought I saw a new Air is out today.

You did indeed, new MacBook Air range with lots of new goodies.

My only concern is for the price of a top range Air you're into MacBook Pro territory, making the decision process even more complicated.

What speeds are your connections. My max is 1.2 if I'm lucky. Usually around 1.

Alomost 1gb downloaded since approx 8.30 and now it says 5 hours remaining..
It might be worth down loading the Snow migration assitant. It help to transfer all the data over more smoothly. It's in Lion support. It has down loaded now and i am about to install. I recon about 3 1/2 hours to complete. It sits at 3/4 complete and then it shifts quickly to completion. I thought that i would be up till midnight. Now to see how long the install takes.

What speeds are your connections. My max is 1.2 if I'm lucky. Usually around 1.
I usually get around 5 to 6mb. I live in a small village where most people send smoke signals.

It might be worth down loading the Snow migration assitant. It help to transfer all the data over more smoothly. It's in Lion support. It has down loaded now and i am about to install. I recon about 3 1/2 hours to complete. It sits at 3/4 complete and then it shifts quickly to completion. I thought that i would be up till midnight. Now to see how long the install takes.

Yes I dloaded the migration assist before I started the Lion dload.. but the time remaining just keeps fluctuating,... gopefully it will be done before midnight...

Done and upgraded in 2 hours flat (have access to a very fast connection), works a charm on my early 2008 Macbook pro - some features are missing, such as some of the gestures and airdrop (due to older wifi hardware) but overall i'm very pleased and for 21 quid you can't go wrong :)

Done and upgraded in 2 hours flat (have access to a very fast connection), works a charm on my early 2008 Macbook pro - some features are missing, such as some of the gestures and airdrop (due to older wifi hardware) but overall i'm very pleased and for 21 quid you can't go wrong :)

Nice, let me ask.. did it auto install or does it ask before it does? I want to burn it a disc before I install so I can install on my other machines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom