OT: Anyone here with NTL?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Anyone on here with NTL and has one of their set-top boxes?

My mum has recently moved house and has a NTL set-top box. I hate cables and stuff on show so I moved it for her into a TV cabinet, but it would only fit if it was on its side, vertically, next to the TV.

Next time I called around, my SIL had moved it into another compartment, horizontally. She said that NTL would invalidate the warranty, would confiscate the set-top box and TV and would ban her from ever watching TV again (OK, I made some of that up :p ) if they came out and found it placed vertically :confused: :rolleyes: .

To me, that is complete b*ll*cks. It's just electronics, not even any moving parts in there. If there were, it would still be b*ll*cks (as anybody with a computer can verify). Anybody heard of this with NTL (I can't get NTL so have never dealt with them and their website is useless and they can't be bothered to answer emails :crazy: ).

The only possible concern would be air-flow, but I made certain that wasn't a concern before I thoughtfully placed it.

Yes - with NTL, and I'm sure that's rubbish ! (as are NTL - here's a much more helpful website . . . www.nthellworld.com)

However, on a slightly related (but totally unrelated really) subject, my Laptop has the opposite problem . . it won't start up in the normal horizontal position anymore - I have to hold it vertically in order for the Hard Drive to engage and start booting up !! How weird is that ! So perhaps there is something in it ?!?!?!?

s.

Thanks for that Simon - now browsing that website. :D

Bad news about your laptop - strange problem (my laptop screen has gone, so I have to carry a TFT monitor everywhere with me :p ) ... but it won't have anything to do with this "concern" as there aren't any moving parts (AFAIAA). My SIL has had NTL for years, so she knows all there is to know :rolleyes: .

My NTL box stands on its side as well !

Originally posted by mbzslk230k
My NTL box stands on its side as well !

Excellent! And I take it you haven't had any problems? I can't see any mention of it on NTHell, so I'm just going to change it back.

No probs, has been like that for a few years !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom