OT: Aquatics...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Any fish keepers here?

I have a trouser trout.:D

No, seriously, I have two outdoor ponds with some Koi, goldfish, Orf and little brown ones!

I've got some smoked salmon in the fridge, does that count?
silly.gif

Umm seriously, no... I'll leave your thread for some serious answers now.
grin.gif

S.

Guilty.

Got 1 pond (circa 50 fish), and 2 indoor tanks circa 30ish.

K

Used to have two tank set ups both tropical. Top tank was assorted gourami and plecco's.Bottom was african ciclids started off with 10 fry, and when they got bigger I ended up with one huge mutha.So now im left with just gourami that have had babies about 6 months ago, have had the adults now for about 10 years.

I got a 4' tropical tank with:
2 x 14" Oscars (breeding pair),
1 x 12" Pleco,
1 X 16" Albino Pleco,
1 x Kissing Gourami,
2 x baby Red Belly Firemouths (used to have 3, but male oscar got hungry)

Last edited:
I've got two garden ponds containing a variety of goldfish and mirror carp. Haven't gone for Koi yet but I'm tempted to try a couple of ghosts.
I'd post a picture if I knew how.

Originally posted by jack-n-gill
I'd post a picture if I knew how.
as an example ;)
[img]http://www.yourhostaddress.com/yourpicture.jpg[/img]

e.g.
[img]http://www.thegoldfishbowl.co.uk/images/tropical/A-ATHE-047.jpg[/img]
should give...

A-ATHE-047.jpg

S.

Last edited:
Glass is a bit (ok, a lot) dirty, but I just done a 30% water change.
Tank+001.jpg

Might put the lot on Ebay soon, as getting new furniture soon and need space.

We had Squish the goldfish who happily lived in a big vase. He wasn't shy and would come to the surface and take food from your hand. We got Squish a friend. Squish killed him. We got Squish another friend. He killed him too. We finally upgraded his house to a bigger tank with a pump and stuff. He died. :(

So, am I a fish keeper? Seems I was a very bad one.

Thanks Steve. Here goes and lets see if it works.
pond4.jpg

If it worked there is a picture of the mature pond. Say nothing about the penguins, they were a present!!!

Grav888
Lovely pair.
Are those figures Lladro or Nao or something else?

Last edited:
Nah! Picture didn't work.
It's published on a group website but the bloody thing refuses to allow me to post. I'll have another try later.

Nice group Grav. The one on the far right looks like my wife on our wedding day. No Not the fish, the girl with the long legs.
She's now an avid collectomaniac. Only thing she doesn't collect is money, only spends it.

I'll have another go at the picture. Fingers crossed

The picture is there but doesn't show automatically. If you right click on the red cross and click "Show picture" it appears. Anybody know how to fix this??
Nope even that's stopped working now
pond6.gif

Last edited:
Have a few Koi and golfish in the garden pond!

I have a garden pond with gold fish in it and a about 30 frogs.
All came free with the house and live despite my lack of gardenig skills

I have a pond out the back, i was told there are over 150 fish....as above, came with house, all i do is feed them and turn the water features on every now and then...

Vin- Why u ask?? U hungry??

Help

Has anybody been able to view the photo of the pond posted by jack-n-gill??
If I right click the red X and select properties then copy and paste the URL into my browser the picture comes up in explorer as it should. If I then click the 'Back' button and return to the previous page, i.e. this one, the picture is shown in the thread.
Anybody know what is wrong with my attempt to post a picture??
I'm Stumped.
Cheers

Re: Help

Originally posted by jack-n-gill
Has anybody been able to view the photo of the pond posted by jack-n-gill??
If I right click the red X and select properties then copy and paste the URL into my browser the picture comes up in explorer as it should. If I then click the 'Back' button and return to the previous page, i.e. this one, the picture is shown in the thread.
Anybody know what is wrong with my attempt to post a picture??
I'm Stumped.
Cheers
Jack or is that Gill? :p

Works fine for me. You've posted a smaller pic earlier on with a larger version later in the thread both appear as I would expect first time with no red crosses for me. I presume the pic includes nice blue sky, lilly pads and some really tall reeds, those Penguins look homesick though :p

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom