OT: Damn TNT!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
I ordered an Apple iPod on 11 September from the Apple Store. Apple have been having problems with their inventory and supply chain, which meant that it didn't arrive in the UK until 30/9. TNT picked it up then for delivery the following day, yesterday.

Anxious as I am to get it and have my own tunes in the car again, I had checked their tracking page yesterday morning which said that it was out for delivery. Great, I would have it yesterday. About 5pm I checked again and it said that it had been delivered at 12:10 :confused: . Not to me it aint! Of course, by the time I called them, the "Customer Service" team had gone home :crazy:.

So, I called them this morning. "Leave it with me, I'll look into it and call you back this morning". No call, so at 1pm I call them again.

"Oh yes, it was delivered to Microwarehouse as they have a similar company name to yours (MetaSolutions), are in Runcorn also, *and* we deliver lorry loads of goods to them". :crazy: :mad: :devil:

Aargh!! So the stupid f*&%in driver totally ignored my address (which was given in full) and delivered it to the nearest company he could find! Still waiting for Microwarehouse to find my shipment as they received "hundreds" of boxes yesterday!

OK. Now calm. ;)

Originally posted by Flyer
OK. Now calm. ;)
I'm not sure that I would be!

Complete incompetence! How difficult can it be?

You know Microwarehouse are also Macwarehouse? :)

http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/product.aspx?sku=e482259

they only have it on pre-order though! (so yours isn't "in stock" with them yet! :p )

I know someone who works at Microwarehouse, maybe I should ask him to fetch it from downstairs in the warehouse? :)

Re: Re: OT: Damn TNT!

Originally posted by Shude
I know someone who works at Microwarehouse, maybe I should ask him to fetch it from downstairs in the warehouse? :)

I order loads of gear from Microwarehouse (AKA Inmac) as they are just around the corner and really handy for pick-up. Thought it would be quicker to order direct from Apple :rolleyes: .

Now had a call back; MW have found the box and TNT are sending someone around in the morning to pick it up and deliver it to me ... of course, tomorrow morning I have to go back *again* to Road Range to have my window trims replaced :crazy: .

Still, I could be Tony Blair ...

....as long as you get it installed before I get round to installing mine Andrew . . . . I need the detailed HOWTO !!

(what a nightmare !!!)

;) :p

Originally posted by sym
....as long as you get it installed before I get round to installing mine Andrew . . . . I need the detailed HOWTO !!

... installing an iPod? You have one, or getting one?

(I will do a HOWTO, but I think this one could be a bit tricky - ever worked with carbon fibre? ;) )

not necessarily an iPod, (although its on my shortlist !!) Just any AUX device into COMAND, basically.

S.

Ive had an Ipod for about a year now :)

IT goes everywhere with me. Ive got some Bose Triport headphones to go with it as well. A few quid but sound amasing :)

Originally posted by fuzzer
Ive got some Bose Triport headphones to go with it as well. A few quid but sound amasing :)
Are those the noise cancelling jobbies?

S.

Well, it just gets better!

Had a phone call this morning from TNT; the driver didn't have my full address and could I give it to them (again). "You'll have your package this morning".

By *3:30pm*, I still hadn't received it. Called TNT: "Don't tell me it's not been delivered yet!". Me (deadpan): "It's not been delivered yet". TNT: "I'll call the driver and find out what's happened as he had strict instructions to pick it up and deliver it straight to you".

TNT have just called back. Yesterday, when they spoke to Microwarehouse, the guy there said he had the package on his desk. He was off Friday, so he would leave a note for his colleague so that when TNT called to collect, somebody would know about it. They called, nobody knew about it and the "colleague" has now buggered off!!! Aargh! :crazy: Apparently, the driver spent an hour trying to find it <I believe it!>

So now the driver is going back first thing Monday and this is going to be a priority :rolleyes: .

(I actually think I'm being bullsh*tted and something else has happened; I'll probably find the iPod in pieces :crazy: ).

If you own a business, I would seriously consider using *anybody* other than TNT.

OK (calming down again, with help from David Sylvian).

fuzzer: Do you find them *much* better than the Apple ones? I'm a big B&O fan, so I'll probably end up with a pair of A8 earphones. How much were the Bose ones?

Cheers
Andrew

unreal !

compensation time !! :crazy:

Flyer you have no contract with TNT, it is not your job to chase them. Your supplier has failed to supply the item and they should send you another one (with a different courier?) then try to get the other one back from TNT themselves.

If you own a business, I would seriously consider using *anybody* other than TNT.

[/B]

Working for ParcelFarce I have a certain amount of sympathy with you. Our Q of S has improved dramatically and we are now possibly the best carriers around at the moment. I do know that some of our members will dissagree with me.
:D :D

So now the driver is going back first thing Monday and this is going to be a priority :rolleyes: .
They are taking the p*ss aren't they? Did you buy the item with a credit card? If so you might want your creditcard company to lean on the supplier, that might make it come faster ;)

fuzzer: Do you find them *much* better than the Apple ones? I'm a big B&O fan, so I'll probably end up with a pair of A8 earphones. How much were the Bose ones?

Cheers
Andrew

I didnt really use the apple ones TBH. From what i can remember they were like most earphones that come with stuff. Best left in the box. Its just the Triport ones ive got without the noise Canceling in them. ( they sound better without it as i tried both ) . Ive never really listened to B&O stuff really. Im a bose man im afraid. Maybe next time.

They are SUBERB tho :) . I got them for $149 USD . They cost about £120 here. Worth every penny :)

I had them on in the aeroplane on the way home and it was amasing how much noise even the standard ones cut out. I couldnt believe it when i took them off to get my meal while watching the in flight movie :bannana:

Originally posted by Shude
Flyer you have no contract with TNT, it is not your job to chase them. Your supplier has failed to supply the item and they should send you another one (with a different courier?) then try to get the other one back from TNT themselves.

Yep, but it took Apple three weeks to ship to NL, before TNT even picked it up. God knows how long I'd have to wait ... :rolleyes: . Nick, trying to get hold of Apple is not easy. They don't answer emails and you can be on hold for ages, so I don't think they are going to be too helpful. It just seems that everywhere I go, every company I deal with, the concept of "Customer Service" just doesn't exist :mad: .

Originally posted by fuzzer
I didnt really use the apple ones TBH. From what i can remember they were like most earphones that come with stuff. Best left in the box. Its just the Triport ones ive got without the noise Canceling in them. ( they sound better without it as i tried both ) . Ive never really listened to B&O stuff really. Im a bose man im afraid. Maybe next time.

I like Bose. I have one of their radios with the built-in speakers (can't remember the name) in the bedroom - amazing bass from such a small unit. I use it as my alarm clock. I'll have to have a listen to those headphones. Bose have a "factory outlet" at Cheshire Oaks, just down the road from me, so I'll have to nip in there and have a listen.

Well, it's now 10:17 and still no sign. I wonder whether their idea of "first thing" is different to mine? :rolleyes:

Cheers
Andrew

It just seems that everywhere I go, every company I deal with, the concept of "Customer Service" just doesn't exist :mad: .

Thank goodness it's not just me who suffers.:p

I was starting to get paranoid.:rolleyes:

Over 5 weeks now and I have not received my SAM unit. I ordered some coil springs last Thursday for Saturday delivery and I they never arrived.

We used to use Parcel Force here, not too bad but we changed to Parceline and we dont get many problems. TNT do our offshore and Scotland deliveries, they do seem to be too big to care.

I have a habit of not reading things properly so might have missed the answer to this....but why didnt you just go and collect it from the place it was delivered to, especially if you know them...

Dads Business uses TNT.

Phones up at 6pm the night before . Part arrives next day from munich. Costs Several Limbs , but , is the best service.

sorry :D

Originally posted by jaymanek
I have a habit of not reading things properly so might have missed the answer to this....but why didnt you just go and collect it from the place it was delivered to, especially if you know them...

Because it's a huge warehouse/distribution centre - whilst you can collect goods from there, they do not encourage it and of course this isn't something from their inventory, so there would have been security issues. I don't actually think they would have released it to me.

And, *because I bloody well paid for delivery to my door*! :D

fuzzer: I hate you! ;) :D

Cheers
Andrew

Ever thought of phoning TNT and asking for the drivers mobile number? They probably woundnt give it you, I know, but be sure as eggs are eggs they would phone him and kick his @ss. I speak from experience here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom