OT: Have you got RC?

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I blame Christmas for me going back to an interest, I was more keen on in my later childhood - not long ago.

I have just got the enthusiasm to go search out and dust down my old Radio Controlled car out of the garage.

It is a Mardave Cobra kit, which was respectable at the time.

:bannana: This car I actually modded!! It has uprated battery and motor.

I can't remember why it got left in a box unused, so I am not sure if it is fatal or not, but if I can revive it with a freshly charged battery and some minor loving I am going to.

Does anyone else have RC? - an extra side show at the GTG perhaps?

I hope I do not get back into this too much as I recall you can sink a lot of cash into these toys if you want!

Anyone know of a 1/10th scale W202 body shell? :D

Last edited:

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
I've got a 6' wingspan Piper cub if that counts :D

5 channel trainer, thats still in one piece!

Mark

OP
OP
GrahamC230K

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I have put a bit of charge in the car's battery and the battery, motor and speed controller are all fine (dirt on cantacts burnt away with minimal flames and smoke :) )

I set the car down on my patio in full forwards throttle (manually set on, not by RC) and it shot off leaving impressive rubber marks, so I am off for batteries for the RC gear now.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
nice brown tape mod you got there :p heheh

I believe HPI or do a W202 Body, infact why get the W202, they have much nicer bodies... let me get their URL.

Tamiya are nice and so are Kyosho.

visit: http://www.hpiracing.com/

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202

OP
OP
GrahamC230K

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH. Nice.

Could not have something that good on my RC though. You have not seen my drving style.

It kind of "I wonder what would happen if I hit that, drive up that, drive off there"..........and so on!

GaryC

Oh, I have a RC as well, which is a 1:10 Serpent Impluse... but I don't have a Mercedes body.... anyway, where do you guys drive your RC? I play in Halifax track....

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
I have a Kyosho Ultima 2wd, a Optima 4wd, Hi Rider corvette monster truck, a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunch box Monster truck and a Tamiya Grasshoper.

I don't know if any of them still work, the last time i used one was at uni, think i was bored during my Finals.:bannana:

OP
OP
GrahamC230K

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Originally posted by Tan
I have a Kyosho Ultima 2wd, a Optima 4wd, Hi Rider corvette monster truck, a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunch box Monster truck and a Tamiya Grasshoper.

I don't know if any of them still work, the last time i used one was at uni, think i was bored during my Finals.:bannana:

Those are some model names that seem to ring a bell!

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
:D Memories!

I used to (10 years ago!) run a Schumacher Kat 4wd buggy at the local club in Pateley Bridge.

It was an extremely social sport with people always helping each other out to get back on the track - the only disadvantage was being beaten by an 11 year old (his father wasn't slow either!)

R

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
Someone got me this a few days ago, it's remote controlled and you can connect it to your PC. Trouble is, I can't be bothered, so now it's for sale on ebay as an unwanted Christmas present!:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom