OT: Have you got RC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I blame Christmas for me going back to an interest, I was more keen on in my later childhood - not long ago.

I have just got the enthusiasm to go search out and dust down my old Radio Controlled car out of the garage.

It is a Mardave Cobra kit, which was respectable at the time.

:bannana: This car I actually modded!! It has uprated battery and motor.

I can't remember why it got left in a box unused, so I am not sure if it is fatal or not, but if I can revive it with a freshly charged battery and some minor loving I am going to.

MardaveCobraRC.jpg

Does anyone else have RC? - an extra side show at the GTG perhaps?

I hope I do not get back into this too much as I recall you can sink a lot of cash into these toys if you want!

Anyone know of a 1/10th scale W202 body shell? :D

Last edited:
I've got a 6' wingspan Piper cub if that counts :D

5 channel trainer, thats still in one piece!

Mark

I have put a bit of charge in the car's battery and the battery, motor and speed controller are all fine (dirt on cantacts burnt away with minimal flames and smoke :) )

I set the car down on my patio in full forwards throttle (manually set on, not by RC) and it shot off leaving impressive rubber marks, so I am off for batteries for the RC gear now.

nice brown tape mod you got there :p heheh

I believe HPI or do a W202 Body, infact why get the W202, they have much nicer bodies... let me get their URL.

Tamiya are nice and so are Kyosho.

visit: http://www.hpiracing.com/

benz2.jpg

DSCN0158k.jpg

clkdtm3.jpg

7092mb.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH. Nice.

Could not have something that good on my RC though. You have not seen my drving style.

It kind of "I wonder what would happen if I hit that, drive up that, drive off there"..........and so on!

Oh, I have a RC as well, which is a 1:10 Serpent Impluse... but I don't have a Mercedes body.... anyway, where do you guys drive your RC? I play in Halifax track....

I have a Kyosho Ultima 2wd, a Optima 4wd, Hi Rider corvette monster truck, a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunch box Monster truck and a Tamiya Grasshoper.

I don't know if any of them still work, the last time i used one was at uni, think i was bored during my Finals.:bannana:

Originally posted by Tan
I have a Kyosho Ultima 2wd, a Optima 4wd, Hi Rider corvette monster truck, a Tamiya Vanessa's Lunch box Monster truck and a Tamiya Grasshoper.

I don't know if any of them still work, the last time i used one was at uni, think i was bored during my Finals.:bannana:

Those are some model names that seem to ring a bell!

:D Memories!

I used to (10 years ago!) run a Schumacher Kat 4wd buggy at the local club in Pateley Bridge.

It was an extremely social sport with people always helping each other out to get back on the track - the only disadvantage was being beaten by an 11 year old (his father wasn't slow either!)

R

Someone got me this a few days ago, it's remote controlled and you can connect it to your PC. Trouble is, I can't be bothered, so now it's for sale on ebay as an unwanted Christmas present!:confused:

Lego.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom