OT: Internet question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
Can any of you help with this one please?

Not wanting to invest in a second phone line and with no Broadband access here, do any of you know of a device that will alert me to the fact someone it trying to phone me when I’m online?

I’m sure I’ve heard of something like it but can’t remember where.

Thanks.

Like you, I can remember that there was something out there but cant remember its name.

However, wouldnt you be better off getting BT's free answer machine service so people can leave a message even if you're using the line...perhaps even leave an outgoing message to call your mobile?

There is a box of tricks that does just what you want, and does not interupt your dial-up connection like call waiting can - ..........let me have a search ...............cant remember either!

Worth thinking about ISDN too. Much faster than phone line and leaves the line free for calls but by the time you've added u/l internet access to the monthly fee it's the same as broadband

But, if there is no Broadband in the area, like me, it's worth it

Andy

With your help I have the solution.

What I’ve had to do is order BT’s call waiting service @£1.50 per month and buy an internet alert from eBay for £5.00. It will flash and bleep when an incoming call is detected, I pick up the phone and my modem gets disconnected, exactly what I wanted.

Thanks.

another option is to use BT's call divert and send incoming calls to your mobile.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom