OT - IT Help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
Anyone know where I can get a replacment Dell Bios chip from

part is: AM2902BT - 120JC number 9905FbA

Small fingers have been at work.....

Errr.....Dell maybe? :p

If the notebook is under three years old, you can get this under warranty.

If its older than three we have had some success by claiming the chip got fried whilst updating to the latest Bios.

Someone forgot the Bios password or something?

Last edited:
You don't want a new bios chip. You want to find the two pins on the board you can cross to reset the password. Have a look at the board, it's usually labelled :)

It's a 1997 model, Dell don't carry it any more, and small fingers have been playing, removed it and bent the pins out to make a spider......

Originally posted by WLeg
It's a 1997 model, Dell don't carry it any more, and small fingers have been playing, removed it and bent the pins out to make a spider......
You might struggle then. Can the pins be bent back? :)

Dell notebooks cant be reset without changing/flashing the chip.

If you tell me exactly which model you have and send me a picture of the chip I may have one here. (We have a rather large Dell laptop graveyard here which we use as a spares source.)

Digi Cam @ Home today, and CAM on T610 will not focus closer than 4 inches...

It's an AMD chipset though....

AM2902BT - 120JC number 9905FbA

An AMD chipset on a Dell - Really? Not an AMI bios?

Hmmm...just checked and your right it is AMD :eek:
Just cracked a couple open and a CPIA is using a AM29F040B chip and a CPM uses a AM29F002T, what model notebook is yours?

Last edited:
Latitude CPi D266XT

Model PA-2 or PA-6

Old !!

Just been through about 50 laptops in the graveyard cupboard and we have no CPI-D's.

The closest I found was
image001.jpg

Many thanks for looking - can I "borrow" the chip and see if it fixes my problem ? - Numbers on my chip are are same...so hopefully....!

Sure, PM me with your address and I'll send it out to you.

Im sure its on the tip of everyones tongue but no one is asking....

How did your kids get into the laptop ? do they normally take it apart?:confused:

BIOS Chip on these is under a plate on the base... No screws, inqusitive minds...... And me generally with bits on computer all over the house/ car/ office.

Few months ago they managed to use a 512 SDRAM to spread butter on toast as the dishwasher had not been emptied. Amazingly, it still worked after.

BIOS Chip on these is under a plate on the base... No screws, inqusitive minds...... And me generally with bits on computer all over the house/ car/ office.

Few months ago they managed to use a 512 SDRAM to spread butter on toast as the dishwasher had not been emptied. Amazingly, it still worked after.

Ahh right .. suppose i wasnt thinking stright .. Something to look forward to :)

Bet that SDRAM got them in a stickey wicket :D Lucky it didnt get Jam ed in :D

Ill stop :D

ROTFL !

sorry - its not funny really !!

I found my 18 month old was having a nice chew on my Wireless LAN card the other day - trying to extract it from the laptop with his teeth !! . . . kids really aren't fussy what they eat these days, are they !!

S.

It belonged to their PC.....so they're still saving pocket money........

BIOS

:D Kids eh! All this healthy eating marlarkey stands no chance - they just love CHIPS with everything!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom